• 72(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
(2020-07-30, 17:49)mamachan Wrote: From post #1
7.1 Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA will be decoded to 7.1 LPCM audio and output
(hint - set Kodi audio channels 7.1 and disable those Kodi HD audio options)

I don't see any HD audio options in Kodi setting, and i'm not able to get any LPCM audio.

If i disable passtrhough, DTS , DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD are all decoded like DD+.

Why?

Amazon firmware decides to do so. For stereo, for multi-channel 16 bit pcm they decide to output DD+.

Can be workarounded with fritschfiretv build, by luck.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-08-01, 19:58)fritsch Wrote:

I don't see any HD audio options in Kodi setting, and i'm not able to get any LPCM audio.

Why?

Amazon firmware decides to do so. For stereo, for multi-channel 16 bit pcm they decide to output DD+.

To install fritschfiretv build i must do delete standard Kodi? Or i can overwritten It?
(2020-08-02, 18:31)mamachan Wrote:
(2020-08-01, 19:58)fritsch Wrote:

Why?

To install fritschfiretv build i must do delete standard Kodi? Or i can overwritten It?

It can be installed over standard Kodi.  No need to uninstall first.
Many thanks
Had a quick question for this group.   Thinking about getting a firestick or firecube.  Been running Kodi on a windows Zotac machine for years.   I was wondering if you can access native firestick apps from within Kodi on a firestick?   Pretty sure this was possible if using an android device.   Also am currently using IPTV from within Kodi.  Just wondering what that looked like on a firestick as I saw some posts that said it might be an issue.  Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can add any app to access/open from within Kodi.
(2020-08-04, 23:53)Cangeoboy Wrote: Had a quick question for this group.   Thinking about getting a firestick or firecube.  Been running Kodi on a windows Zotac machine for years.   I was wondering if you can access native firestick apps from within Kodi on a firestick?   Pretty sure this was possible if using an android device.   Also am currently using IPTV from within Kodi.  Just wondering what that looked like on a firestick as I saw some posts that said it might be an issue.  Thanks in advance.
You can sideload any Android-TV compatible apk into a FireTV device the same way you can sideload it on an Android TV device. Kodi works the same way on FireTV as it does on Windows. Make sure you buy the 4K Stick and NOT the regular Stick because the regular Stick is too slow.
Thanks for the advice everyone.  Picked up a firecube today.   Seems to work great except, any video I play that's on my network stops after a few seconds.  AVI, MKV, MP4, all doing the same thing.   Not sure what's going on.   Tried playing videos in VLC and they work fine on the firecube.  Thoughts?
(2020-08-06, 01:52)Cangeoboy Wrote: Thanks for the advice everyone.  Picked up a firecube today.   Seems to work great except, any video I play that's on my network stops after a few seconds.  AVI, MKV, MP4, all doing the same thing.   Not sure what's going on.   Tried playing videos in VLC and they work fine on the firecube.  Thoughts?

Log ?

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
(2020-08-06, 01:52)Cangeoboy Wrote: Thanks for the advice everyone.  Picked up a firecube today.   Seems to work great except, any video I play that's on my network stops after a few seconds.  AVI, MKV, MP4, all doing the same thing.   Not sure what's going on.   Tried playing videos in VLC and they work fine on the firecube.  Thoughts?
Please post in the Fire Cube Thread
(2020-08-06, 08:58)Kodroid Wrote:
Please post in the Fire Cube Thread
Okey, dokey.  Didn't realize there was a fire cube thread as well.  Thanks.
Can Kodi of Fire TV be set to convert DTS and TrueHD Atmos to LPCM? I currently use Passthrough / 2 ch / Enable Dolby Digital transcoding to handle DTS content to a Sonos Arc. Sonos is planning to add LPCM support this year.
Yes - just disable Passthrough and set the appropriate number of channels. Also take care: Amazon decided to output everything multi channel as DD+ in their great wisdom. You either need kodi v19 or my fritschfiretv version to workaround this. (They cannot cope with multi channel float, which is why it works in those version - in kodi Leia we removed multi channel float support cause of the cube ;-))
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-08-07, 23:05)fritsch Wrote: Yes - just disable Passthrough and set the appropriate number of channels. Also take care: Amazon decided to output everything multi channel as DD+ in their great wisdom. You either need kodi v19 or my fritschfiretv version to workaround this. (They cannot cope with multi channel float, which is why it works in those version - in kodi Leia we removed multi channel float support cause of the cube ;-))
Thanks, great info !
I'm having an unusual problem. I have my 4K firestick plugged into my AVR (Denon AVR S540BT) via HDMI, then a HDMI cable to my ARC HDMI port on my TV (Vizio E65-F0). I'm running Kodi 18.8  fritschfiretv build July 30 2020. When I play a HD10 movie (it'll display HD10 at the top of the screen) I'll get no sound UNLESS I turn off the AVR, wait to see the movie play with the AVR off, then turn on the AVR. After turning on the AVR I'll get sound and the movie will play fine.

In Kodi I have Audio output as AudioTrack(IEC) Kodi IEC packer, # of channels- 7.1, Best match,passthrough enabled, DD, DD+, DTS, and DTS-HD receiver enabled.

When I play a non HD10 movie I don't get this problem. Any ideas?
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3