• 73(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
Same without adjust refresh rate?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Wow thank you for all the hard work you’ve put in to this. I downgraded Kodi back to 17.6 when they went from using NGK to JNI as it black screened me If I deselected mediacodec surface to enable on the fly brightness and contrast adjustments so I’m so far out of the loop. Only use my TVs speakers so need to update. Should I use the latest Frisch version http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk or the merged ? http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

sorry if this is a daft question I’m easily confused Smile
(2020-08-10, 19:35)fritsch Wrote: Same without adjust refresh rate?
Is this directed to my question?  What does adjust refresh rate have to do with loosing audio?  If it wasn't directed towards my question I apologize.
(2020-08-11, 17:14)DB42 Wrote:
Is this directed to my question?  What does adjust refresh rate have to do with loosing audio?  If it wasn't directed towards my question I apologize.

If you change refreshrate, the hdmi edid information is shortly lost and when display comes back it's resynced. Certain devices (AVRs, streaming sticks) have issues with that. As they don't properly return connected after the edid information is back. That's the background why it directly influences audio.

Therefore: Disable refreshrate switching and try again.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-08-12, 21:35)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-08-11, 17:14)DB42 Wrote:

If you change refreshrate, the hdmi edid information is shortly lost and when display comes back it's resynced. Certain devices (AVRs, streaming sticks) have issues with that. As they don't properly return connected after the edid information is back. That's the background why it directly influences audio.

Therefore: Disable refreshrate switching and try again.
Thank you for your advice and help fritsch. I appreciate it.
Hi folks,

I'm unable to get Atmos to pass through from my firestick 4k to my Vizio atmos compatible sound bar. I was hoping people on this thread might be able to help me figure what's wrong. I'm using Kodi 18.8 (18.8.0) Leia

1) The firestick's in box amazon prime video app plays Jack Ryan in atmos. I can confirm this by using the soundbar's companion app, as well as by seeing the green light on the soundbar. So I know the firestick 4k is capable of Atmos, and the soundbar setup is capable of playing atmos from the firestick 4k.

2) I've downloaded the dolby atmos trailers from https://www.dolby.com/about/support/guid...-trailers/   . When I play these from Kodi, I get Dolby Digital +, not Atmos. Confirmed by the soundbar companion app and the soundbar.

When I check my settings in Kodi, they look like this:

Before I do something more complex like generating and uploading logs, I wanted to check if there's something basic that I'm neglecting. Anything I'm missing that would explain why no Atmos from Kodi?

Thanks!
(2020-08-18, 05:47)Zass Wrote: Hi folks,

I'm unable to get Atmos to pass through from my firestick 4k to my Vizio atmos compatible sound bar. I was hoping people on this thread might be able to help me figure what's wrong. I'm using Kodi 18.8 (18.8.0) Leia

1) The firestick's in box amazon prime video app plays Jack Ryan in atmos. I can confirm this by using the soundbar's companion app, as well as by seeing the green light on the soundbar. So I know the firestick 4k is capable of Atmos, and the soundbar setup is capable of playing atmos from the firestick 4k.

2) I've downloaded the dolby atmos trailers from https://www.dolby.com/about/support/guid...-trailers/   . When I play these from Kodi, I get Dolby Digital +, not Atmos. Confirmed by the soundbar companion app and the soundbar.

When I check my settings in Kodi, they look like this:

Before I do something more complex like generating and uploading logs, I wanted to check if there's something basic that I'm neglecting. Anything I'm missing that would explain why no Atmos from Kodi?

Thanks!

Figured it out: The settings can be toggled from standard to advanced, and I had to set DD+ capable receiver to on:

The big update to fix the issue with 1080i content is finally being pushed out, only positive experiences have been posted on the GitHub issue so far.
Typically its taking an absolute age to download for me.
Which version will be the fixed one?
Answering myself: 6.2.7.3 will include the fix according to: https://github.com/amzn/exoplayer-amazon...-675488742
Is anybody tracking whether Amazon will ever fix the audio delay bug on their end? I know fritsch fixed it for his test build and v19 but it would be nice to see Amazon finally remove that bug on their 4K stick.
They will probably fix it with a new device, perhaps it's a hardware issue that isn't easily fixed systemwide.
(2020-08-18, 21:02)Kodroid Wrote: Is anybody tracking whether Amazon will ever fix the audio delay bug on their end? I know fritsch fixed it for his test build and v19 but it would be nice to see Amazon finally remove that bug on their 4K stick.

I don't think - to be honest - that this is a HW bug, while it would have been nice if they had mitigated their postprocessing in the old A/V API. Kodi Leia stable sadly uses this non-deprecated, but totally outdated Sync mechanism, which does not account for that DD+ postprocessing they do. We cannot add the fix to official Leia, cause of (potential) breakage of other devices.

I think the real fix is using the modern API, which I did.
(2020-08-18, 18:55)fritsch Wrote: Answering myself: 6.2.7.3 will include the fix according to: https://github.com/amzn/exoplayer-amazon...-675488742

Yes mate 6.2.7.3
Still not getting the update offered to my device yet, my device spent the best part of 9 hours downloading 'System Components', but i'm still on 6.2.7.1
I guess they push these updates out in stages as their servers are being hammered...frustrating but I'm happy so far all reports are positive.
I got it on one of my firetv sticks. I made a short test with 1080i50 h264 -> works okayish. I tested N24 with a running text and that looks properly deinterlaced.
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3