• 80(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
(2020-10-07, 10:05)xalex75 Wrote: Hi.
I own a 4K Fire TV Stick since its launch.
I thinks it's almost perfect, fast, reliable, etc. etc., but when I need to use Kodi, I always have to use another device because Fire TV does not support DTS passthrough.
I bought a MI TV Stick, Kodi works perfectly and DTS plays quite well, but the stick is really to much bugged, and slow.

I tried to install kodi-20201001-5c717b66-fritschfiretv-armeabi-v7a.apk, but I noticed that DTS options are still not available in Kodi.
Is there a way to make it work, or should I forget having DTS on Fire Stick 4K?
My audio system does not have HDMI, the firestick is connected to a splitter, which takes audio to receiver via optical cable.
This way Mi TV Stick has no problems and Kodi shows DTS options, but with Fire TV 4K it doesn't.

If you have the Firetv 4K's own setting _not_ set to Dolby Digital+ then all PT will be disabled in kodi. Check that setting in the FireTV settings, please, if it's set to Stereo only, no PT in kodi.

DTS, DTS-HD-HR, AC3 and DD+ will work with Firetv 4k just fine. And also 5.1 / 7.1 LPCM
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Guys, since MP4 files dont play nice with subs, is it possible to add downloaded subtitles on modified version of Kodi Exoplayer on Firestick4k just like default kodi player? Please reply thanks
(2019-11-24, 23:07)mamachan Wrote: Amazon app

Its working here. Did you try reboot the Fire stick and do other Amazon shows play? Are you you trying to play in 4K?
(2020-10-08, 00:29)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-10-07, 10:05)xalex75 Wrote:  

DTS, DTS-HD-HR, AC3 and DD+ will work with Firetv 4k just fine. And also 5.1 / 7.1 LPCM
Hi.
For sure it's not set to stereo.
The best setting is DD or DD+? 
Tonight I'll try again.
BTW, DTS content is not mute, it's played but with very bad voice quality, and on display it's not showed DTS (using Mi TV Stick I see DTS), but something like Dolby Prologic II.
Thanks for the reply.
At the moment I'm not sure if it's just DD, or DD+, but I think I tried both.
Post your Debug Log, from what you describe: Wrong settings. With our friend debug log, no need for any speculation.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-10-08, 19:57)fritsch Wrote: Post your Debug Log, from what you describe: Wrong settings. With our friend debug log, no need for any speculation.

Ok thanks, I'll read the link and post the debug log.
I finally got around to trying the fritschfiretv build and I must say it seems to be working very well. One question - when using mainline Kodi I had a decoderfilter.xml file set up to switch off hardware acceleration for certain codecs that were causing issues on my Fire TV 4k (sorry, I can't remember where the discussion was that related to this).

With the fire TV specific build do I still need this file?
Yes. Though I switch off some codecs by default, so that user does not have to care, but no rocket science in my build :-), I only went through my personal library and checked what did not properly work and disabled it ...
(2020-10-19, 23:23)fritsch Wrote: Yes. Though I switch off some codecs by default, so that user does not have to care, but no rocket science in my build :-), I only went through my personal library and checked what did not properly work and disabled it ...

OK great, I will leave it as it is. Thanks for your work on this build, looking forward to Matrix!
I have the latest fristchfiretv build, FireStick4K connected to receiver which can do HD audio. What settings should I use?

I tried both passthru enabled and disabled. I set speakers to 7.1/5.1 and enabled the AC3/DTS/DTS-HD options. Tried both the audio output devices (IEC and default).

In all cases when I play a TrueHD 7.1 audio file, I never get LPCM output, it always shows I'm getting the 2ch DD track.
Too bad for you :-). How long are you in this forum now? I think long enough, that no one can help you without a Debug Log.

If the FireTV is _directly connected_ to the AVR, which is not forced to "ARC" mode, then the following settings (Depending on the capabilities of your AVR) should be set:

Speakers 5.1 (7.1 depending on reality - I have it on 5.1, even though I have 5.0 setup - as my AVR does a better job reproducing LFE that way)
AC3: enabled
DTS: enabled
DTS-HD: enabled
Dolby+: enabled

From what you describe someone is "downmixing" and who that is, you will only see in your Debug Log.
18.9 version in preparation. Experiencable changes for you: nothing ... everything was there before. Just want to bump the version, so that those with the bumping illness don't get a cold.
Hey all,

Just got a firestick and setup kodi 18.8.0 and having lip sync issues with all movies from home network. I have read that the version from fritschfiretv has solved this issue. Can anyone let me know where to download the version and the recommend way to install? To install the last version I used downloaded app and the link troypoint.com/kodistable. Is
fritschfiretv done the same way?

Any help would be very much appreciate. Love the firestick 4K setup with kodi but can’t live with the lip sync issue. Really hoping fritschfiretv solves the issue.
(2020-10-26, 01:19)jeremy1 Wrote: Hey all,

Just got a firestick and setup kodi 18.8.0 and having lip sync issues with all movies from home network. I have read that the version from fritschfiretv has solved this issue. Can anyone let me know where to download the version and the recommend way to install? To install the last version I used downloaded app and the link troypoint.com/kodistable. Is
fritschfiretv done the same way?

Any help would be very much appreciate. Love the firestick 4K setup with kodi but can’t live with the lip sync issue. Really hoping fritschfiretv solves the issue.
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/
I couldn't solve the audio sync issues when streaming tvheadend tv streams neither with fritsch's nor with latest alpha.
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3