• 81(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
Hi fritsch.
Tried to connect the firet to a yamaha receiver and DTS option appeared.
So I digged in my problem and found that the HDMI splitter I was using had reverted labels for 5.1 and passthrough.
After moving it to 5.1, DTS appeared in options!
I'm so happy.... now my Fire TV is perfect!.
Thank you very much!!!
(2020-10-26, 02:55)f1vefour Wrote:
(2020-10-26, 01:19)jeremy1 Wrote: Hey all,

Just got a firestick and setup kodi 18.8.0 and having lip sync issues with all movies from home network. I have read that the version from fritschfiretv has solved this issue. Can anyone let me know where to download the version and the recommend way to install? To install the last version I used downloaded app and the link troypoint.com/kodistable. Is
fritschfiretv done the same way?

Any help would be very much appreciate. Love the firestick 4K setup with kodi but can’t live with the lip sync issue. Really hoping fritschfiretv solves the issue.
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/

But how do I get the file onto the firestick?
(2020-10-26, 13:45)jeremy1 Wrote:
(2020-10-26, 02:55)f1vefour Wrote:
(2020-10-26, 01:19)jeremy1 Wrote: Hey all,

Just got a firestick and setup kodi 18.8.0 and having lip sync issues with all movies from home network. I have read that the version from fritschfiretv has solved this issue. Can anyone let me know where to download the version and the recommend way to install? To install the last version I used downloaded app and the link troypoint.com/kodistable. Is
fritschfiretv done the same way?

Any help would be very much appreciate. Love the firestick 4K setup with kodi but can’t live with the lip sync issue. Really hoping fritschfiretv solves the issue.
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/

put that link in downloader browser
(2020-10-26, 14:45)xalex75 Wrote:
(2020-10-26, 13:45)jeremy1 Wrote:
(2020-10-26, 02:55)f1vefour Wrote: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/

put that link in downloader browser

Ah ok cool - thanks!!
sorry, quick question: if i have a compatible soudbar with TrueHD, DTS-HD MA, etc - is it possible to get it directly to it from Kodi?
No. The FireTV stick does not support TrueHD and not DTS-HD-MA. Kodi itself can do it ... but won't help you on FireTV 4K.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-10-28, 14:20)fritsch Wrote: No. The FireTV stick does not support TrueHD and not DTS-HD-MA. Kodi itself can do it ... but won't help you on FireTV 4K.

oh, so i can’t make Kodi somehow pass through it to the soundbar? i was under the impression that it is possible. i believe i misread then.
Can you link to your source? Curious Tongue
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-10-23, 06:08)fritsch Wrote: Speakers 5.1 (7.1 depending on reality - I have it on 5.1, even though I have 5.0 setup - as my AVR does a better job reproducing LFE that way)
I have a 2.1 system and Denon X1600H reviver (7.2 capable)
In kodi settings is better to set 7.1 or 5.1 or 2.1 (HDMI passthrough)?
Why not just try it? And decide what you like better?
(2020-10-29, 06:18)fritsch Wrote: Why not just try it? And decide what you like better?
Obviously. I wanted to know if on a technical level setting 2.1 or 5.1 or 7.1 had any differences (cutting channels or effects by setting 2.1 or 5.1 with 7.1 audio streams). Thank you
i upgraded to fritschfiretv version 18.9, but now the HD audio streams no longer work (I tested 2 DTS-HD MA files that play as normal DTS).
Could someone please remind me wich are the exact settings?
(2020-10-29, 10:57)mamachan Wrote:
(2020-10-29, 06:18)fritsch Wrote: Why not just try it? And decide what you like better?
Obviously. I wanted to know if on a technical level setting 2.1 or 5.1 or 7.1 had any differences (cutting channels or effects by setting 2.1 or 5.1 with 7.1 audio streams). Thank you

As @fritsch says - you need to try that yourself.  We don't have every kind of AVR at home to be able to check whether Kodi downmixing (which happens when you output 2.1 and ask Kodi to do a 5.1/7.1->2.1 conversion) or Soundbar downmixing (where your soundbar does the conversion) will sound better.

If your sound bar has some pseudo 5.1/7.1 processing to try to simulate rear/side speakers - then it may best to feed it 5.1/7.1 and let it handle the conversion.
(2020-10-29, 11:43)noggin Wrote:
(2020-10-29, 10:57)mamachan Wrote:

As @fritsch says - you need to try that yourself.  We don't have every kind of AVR at home to be able to check whether Kodi downmixing (which happens when you output 2.1 and ask Kodi to do a 5.1/7.1->2.1 conversion) or Soundbar downmixing (where your soundbar does the conversion) will sound better.

If your sound bar has some pseudo 5.1/7.1 processing to try to simulate rear/side speakers - then it may best to feed it 5.1/7.1 and let it handle the conversion.
many thanks
Nice deals on all FTV devices at Amazon, Best Buy, Staples, etc.
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3