• 82(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
Just a reminder: Without a Debug Log no help is possible.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-10-29, 21:35)fritsch Wrote: Just a reminder: Without a Debug Log no help is possible.

"mamachan
#1,212Yesterday, 10:02
i upgraded to fritschfiretv version 18.9, but now the HD audio streams no longer work (I tested 2 DTS-HD MA files that play as normal DTS).
Could someone please remind me wich are the exact settings?"

Before post debug log i'd try to solve myself.
Probably i change some settings and i don't remember
I just installed the latest Matrix test build for the 4k Fire TV, installed the Netflix add on, no stutter! Even on 1080p H.264 and 4k content!

I don't know what changed but I'm glad it did. Was unwatchable before.
(2020-10-30, 09:30)mamachan Wrote:
(2020-10-29, 21:35)fritsch Wrote: Just a reminder: Without a Debug Log no help is possible.

"mamachan
#1,212Yesterday, 10:02
i upgraded to fritschfiretv version 18.9, but now the HD audio streams no longer work (I tested 2 DTS-HD MA files that play as normal DTS).
Could someone please remind me wich are the exact settings?"

Before post debug log i'd try to solve myself.
Probably i change some settings and i don't remember

FireTV 4K does not support DTS-HD MA, it never did. You will hear the DTS Core only. This did not change, it never was different. Only DTS-HD-HR is supported by its firmware.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-11-01, 02:29)Wagg Wrote: I just installed the latest Matrix test build for the 4k Fire TV, installed the Netflix add on, no stutter! Even on 1080p H.264 and 4k content!

What did you run before? Did you file a bug?
(2020-11-01, 07:12)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-11-01, 02:29)Wagg Wrote: I just installed the latest Matrix test build for the 4k Fire TV, installed the Netflix add on, no stutter! Even on 1080p H.264 and 4k content!

What did you run before? Did you file a bug?
The Netflix add on would always stutter on the 4k Fire TV, someone mentioned a while back the only time it didn't was when the codec info was on screen. H264 content was particularly bad. It was supposedly something inherent in the Fire OS that was causing it. It's been doing this for the last 2yrs.

Not sure if/what was fixed but everything seems to be working fine now.
Great. From Rendering POV not much changed from 18.9 to v19, the only thing that v19 offers is an improved A/V sync, which yes has influence on stutters obviously.
I guess you downloaded my personal build that suppresses refresh rate switching when playing netflix. the patch is https://github.com/wsnipex/xbmc/commit/5...101fae7758
Pssst :-) Don't tell him, he might now see the 3:2 stutter.
nah, it's smooth. I'd really like to properly fix this, but it looks like an issue with the android secure decoder on the aftv4k. Any ideas welcome, otherwise I'll just rebase that patch through matrix.
Or do you see a possibility to get this mainlined in a clean way?
Clean Way: Addons could announce capabilities, e.g. all caps like (supports passthrough, supports refreshrate switching, hwaccell allowed, etc.) are enabled by default. If something does not reliably work, one is not in the list?
I'd rather either provide addons a way to flag "InhibitUpdateResolution", but that needs a new setting on the addon side.
Or an advancedsetting with a blacklist of addon ids, which would put the setting in the hands of the user.
Yes, with the capabilities, the addon could have a setting, that just disable the "I want to switch refreshrates capability". That way it would be quite clean into core, not clutter kodi's settings / gui and would be solely bound to the addon. Same principle as we have it with some stream properties.
(2020-11-01, 09:24)wsnipex Wrote: I guess you downloaded my personal build that suppresses refresh rate switching when playing netflix. the patch is https://github.com/wsnipex/xbmc/commit/5...101fae7758
[url=https://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/kodi-20201031-5a1c96fc-matrix-wsnipex-aftv4k-armeabi-v7a.apk]

Oops. You're right, not that build specifically but the Matrix one that doesn't change refresh rates.

My bad. Carry on. 🤣
(2020-11-01, 14:20)Wagg Wrote:
(2020-11-01, 09:24)wsnipex Wrote: I guess you downloaded my personal build that suppresses refresh rate switching when playing netflix. the patch is https://github.com/wsnipex/xbmc/commit/5...101fae7758
[url=https://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/kodi-20201031-5a1c96fc-matrix-wsnipex-aftv4k-armeabi-v7a.apk]

Oops. You're right, not that build specifically but the Matrix one that doesn't change refresh rates.

My bad. Carry on. 🤣

That is exactly the build that contains the patch I linked
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3