• 106(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
(2021-02-28, 01:38)Luke M Wrote: I wouldn't give such a post any credence. Anyway passthrough does work as far as I know. It just doesn't work with formats that aren't currently used by streaming services (TrueHD, DTS, etc). If and when Amazon starts offering an "HD audio" option with their streaming, the devices will be updated accordingly.

Though don't hold your breath - it took Amazon a VERY long time to upgrade their Fire TV devices to play Amazon HD Music properly... (Years, not months or weeks). I believe it's now supported properly - though haven't bothered to fire up a Fire TV device to check. (Amazon HD Music supports 24 bit and 96kHz sampling audio using FLAC compression - but the Fire TV devices were outputting in 16 bit and wouldn't go to 96kHz when I logged the problem with Amazon ages ago, but I read in release notes a note that HD Music support had been added to a more recent Fire OS update)
(2021-02-27, 23:40)crawfish Wrote: 2 days ago
Hello Everyone,

The issue has been resolved from our developer's end.
We are still at 3033 so this guy might full of crap or he's talking about an update that is still not rolled out yet. All we can do is wait. Customer service is never going to give you a good answer because they don't know anything other than what they've been told to say, but they might get in trouble for giving people wrong information so maybe it's not a bunch of crap.
At least they seem to want to fix it.

Remember, if you want to hear it or not, Amazon does not sell a single bit of commercial stuff that would support DTS or even multi-channel PCM. They owe you exactly nothing. And - while it always sounds like a good tone, to blame kodi freetime developer people to not support some proprieatary crap, amazon, a company focussed on making revenue, does not care at all to support mediaplayer users that for sure won't buy their content and in their eyes misusing their "financially supported" boxes.

I personally had not expected that they fix anything at all, therefore I am positively surprised.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Does anyone have firestick 4k connected to AVR ?

I have refresh rate issue

Explained Better bere

https://forums.developer.amazon.com/ques...ner-228285

Simple:

Match Original Frame Rate set to On (firestick settings)

If connected to AVR works only once or stop working After toogle TV on/off (HDMI handshake problem ) and framerate Stuck to 1080p60

Already write to Amazon support (and forum) but After 10 days they only replied to check if Match Original Frame Rate is set to on Rofl
I must have missed something, but recently (at some point in the last couple of months?) majority of my AVI files (xvid codec) have stopped working on my stick. I used to use v18.9 (where its started freezing completely), but its the same with v19 (although it would just skip a second or two constantly instead of freezing). Is that due to amazon update? Thanks.
(2021-03-01, 12:58)someuser08 Wrote: I must have missed something, but recently (at some point in the last couple of months?) majority of my AVI files (xvid codec) have stopped working on my stick. I used to use v18.9 (where its started freezing completely), but its the same with v19 (although it would just skip a second or two constantly instead of freezing). Is that due to amazon update? Thanks.
I have the update people are complaining about and nothing has happened to my AVI files. I just tested it myself. I'd post logs when you try to play such files. That's the only way for anybody to confirm what you claim.
(2021-03-02, 10:13)Kodroid Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 12:58)someuser08 Wrote: I must have missed something, but recently (at some point in the last couple of months?) majority of my AVI files (xvid codec) have stopped working on my stick. I used to use v18.9 (where its started freezing completely), but its the same with v19 (although it would just skip a second or two constantly instead of freezing). Is that due to amazon update? Thanks.
I have the update people are complaining about and nothing has happened to my AVI files. I just tested it myself. I'd post logs when you try to play such files. That's the only way for anybody to confirm what you claim.
I stand corrected - its actually avc mkv similarly to what was reported by someone in this thread before. v18 just skips 30 sec into the file right away, v19 starts from the start but skips a second or two every 5 sec. Almost like a container problem... The file specs: 

Format                      : Matroska
Format version              : Version 4
File size                   : 619 MiB
Duration                    : 23 min 10 s
Overall bit rate            : 3 738 kb/s
Encoded date                : UTC 2020-03-28 22:28:34
Writing application         : mkvmerge v44.0.0 ('Domino') 64-bit
Writing library             : libebml v1.3.10 + libmatroska v1.5.2

Video
ID                          : 1
Format                      : AVC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile              : High@L4
Format settings             : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC      : Yes
Format settings, Reference  : 4 frames
Codec ID                    : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration                    : 23 min 9 s
Bit rate                    : 3 607 kb/s
Width                       : 1 920 pixels
Height                      : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio        : 16:9
Frame rate mode             : Constant
Frame rate                  : 23.976 (23976/1000) FPS
Color space                 : YUV
Chroma subsampling          : 4:2:0
Bit depth                   : 8 bits
Scan type                   : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)          : 0.073
Stream size                 : 598 MiB (97%)
Writing library             : x264 core 157
Encoding settings           : cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.15 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-3 / threads=24 / lookahead_threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=48 / keyint_min=4 / scenecut=0 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=48 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=19.0 / qcomp=0.75 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=5000 / vbv_bufsize=10000 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:0.80
Language                    : English
Default                     : Yes
Forced                      : No

Audio
ID                          : 2
Format                      : AAC LC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID                    : A_AAC-2
Duration                    : 23 min 9 s
Bit rate                    : 128 kb/s
Channel(s)                  : 2 channels
Channel layout              : L R
Sampling rate               : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                  : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode            : Lossy
Delay relative to video     : -41 ms
Stream size                 : 21.2 MiB (3%)
Default                     : Yes

Text
ID                          : 3
Format                      : UTF-8
Codec ID                    : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info               : UTF-8 Plain Text
Duration                    : 22 min 50 s
Bit rate                    : 166 b/s
Count of elements           : 495
Stream size                 : 27.8 KiB (0%)
Default                     : No
I have a firestick tv 4k. It is plugged into an hdmi port on my new OLED TV. All audio is output from the TV to my Harmon Kardon DD processor via Toslink. I have the latest OS on the firestick and use it to run Kodi exclusively. I cannot get Kodi source to play DD 5.1. Best it will do is 2.1..no center or rear output. I came across a work around in the forums that is giving me dolby prologic 5.1. I get this by setting the firestick audio to stereo. My understanding from what I have read in the Kodi and Amazon forums is that Amazon's 6.2 7.7 OS upgrade caused this. Can anyone confirm this? If true, any idea when Amazon will fix.
Regarding my previous post, I'm using Kodi 18.9......the version that allows specifying the RAW output. I'm pretty sure I understand the recommended audio setting for Kodi and am using it. Have tried using passthru and not, trying to get DD 5.1. No success.
Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago, I posted about how my Ethernet wired firestick using the official Amazon Ethernet adaptor was choking (buffering) on certain 4K movies that were roughly 55GB and above. My server is a very old QNAP TS409 that only works through SMB.

A few of you recommended getting that cable matters gigabit Ethernet adapter.

It just arrived today and I’m happy to report that the movies that were problematic are working PERFECT! Thank you guys so much!

Hopefully this helps someone else out there.
(2021-02-24, 13:23)fritsch Wrote: No they aren't :-).

If you rely on passthrough (as the FireTV 4K has broken it), choose Speakers: 2.0 (no joke) and enable AC3 and enable Dolby Transcoding while setting the Audio Device to Audiotrack (RAW).

Amazon did not send a timeline until the consider fixing what they nicely broke several months back.

So I just want to check my understanding here...   Most of my videos have AAC 5.1, AC3 5.1, DTS 5.1,  DTS-MA,  with a few being AAC 2.0, and with my 4K rips having mostly TrueHD...

With the current 6.2.7.7(3033) on the FireTV 4K stick,  due to Amazon's change that broke passthrough (which they *might* fix, but we are not holding our breath)...    Using Kodi 19 with the  above settings should result in all audio being converted to DD+ by the FireTV as they play back?  Any 5.1 or greater should be 5.1 DD+, and 2.0 should be some form of 2.0 (DD+ or otherwise)?

Is that correct?   If not, what did I get wrong?   

If it is correct, I can live with that.  I mean its  not ideal, and I'd prefer Amazon fix it to give us passthrough like we had,  especially for the DTS stuff.   But I'll take DD+ 5.1 when using Kodi over just stereo or no audio at all.
FWIW if anyone else runs into this: the upgrade from 18 to 19 reset the "This directory contains" setting to None for all my sources and all media stopped showing up. Took me a bit of time to figure out what was going on, I thought it was an NFS problem. I had to go through each source and set the correct type and scraper again. I assume we want to use the latest The Movie Database Python version for movies and TMDb TV Shows for shows? I wish I could uninstall the other versions so I don't get confused between them. Same thing happened on my CCGTV.
Hi,
I updated to Kodi Matrix yesterday in order to update an add-on which has dependency to python3.
After the update, the add-on still complaints about unresolved dependency to python3.
Is Matrix in FireTV4K not switched to python3?
Anything I missed or need to do to enable python3?
(2021-03-10, 19:02)mountainhill2 Wrote: Is Matrix in FireTV4K not switched to python3?
It has. You probably need to check all your addons. It has nothing to do with your 4K Stick.
(2021-03-16, 00:53)Kodroid Wrote:
(2021-03-10, 19:02)mountainhill2 Wrote: Is Matrix in FireTV4K not switched to python3?
It has. You probably need to check all your addons. It has nothing to do with your 4K Stick.
My add-ons magically got updated when I opened Kodi Matrix again after reading your reply. Big Grin
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3