Kodi iphone remote can not find Kodi every time I leave and rejoin wifi
Hi There

Hope someone could help me with this. Thanks in advance.

I am only a new Kodi user and already really really love what it can do. I have an old Microsoft surface tablet running windows 10, with which I installed the Kodi 17.6. The Kodi on the windows 10 works very well in terms of playing YouTube videos, and films and music stored on my local network NAS, everything I need.

I installed a few Kodi remote apps on my iphone 7, Sybu Kodi and two others, so that I could sit back and control every from the sofa (maybe not good for me)

I think I have done the correct configurations with the Kodi on Windows 10, because The Kodi remote iphone apps can connect to it and control everything well, but the problem is that every time I leave the wifi network when I leave home and the. come back and rejoin the wifi, my iphone Kodi remote app could not find the Kodi server on the windows 10 anymore. The Kodi on windows 10 has been kept on all this time, so it seems to be the leaving and rejoining the wifi network made the difference.

I tried a few times, and the results were the same. The only way I can reconnect the iphone Kodi remote to the Kodi on windows 10 is to restart the Kodi on windows 10. And this worked every time.

I plan to connect the Kodi to my TV and leave it on all the time, so this setup could work as a HTPC or smart TV that is always on standby, so if I have to restart the Kodi every time when I want to remote control it, it really defect the purpose.

Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? Could someone help me?

Thank you so very much!!
Hi There

I just found the cause and solution for my problem above. I am giving the detail as below, so hopefully could help some other people who has experienced the same issue.

When I initially installed Kodi and enabled it to ‘announce’ itself as the server, Kodi reminded me to install Bonjour service from Apple. This would normally be installed as part of iTunes installation, but on that particular Microsoft Surface tablet, I did not installed iTunes.

So I went to apple website and instead of downloading and installing iTunes, I downloaded and installed the bonjour service alone as a separate software, which was the whole reason for the problem I had above, ie the iphone remote control app could work, but not always.

Today, I uninstalled the separate bonjour service from my Microsoft surface table, and installed the newest ITunes (which included bonjour service), and now the issue I had is gone. The iphone remote app and Airplay work perfect now.

Hope this helps!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi iphone remote can not find Kodi every time I leave and rejoin wifi0