• 1(current)
v18 Lyrebird MOD 0.9.9 (UPDATE: 2019-09-09)
Lyrebird - Mimic x Cirrus Extended (Kodi 18)

This is essentially Mimic, running on Kodi 18 but also includes a few new views for use with Advanced Emulator Launcher and some minor aesthetic changes in these views (namely the topbar). The current release allows a preview of two of the new views. Eventually will branch out into a skin that merges Mimic and Cirrus Extended. But for now, it is a humble MOD for Mimic. A great skin by Braz which I'm looking forward to messing with. Wink

Game views currently support Advanced Emulator Launcher. Support for RetroPlayer and IAGL coming soon.

Download:
https://github.com/Rufoo/skin.lyrebird

Version 0.9.9 - 9th September 2019
 - Fixed issue with Keibertz+ not displaying correct shapes.
 - Weather information only displays in the topbar if weather information is sourced.
 - Location label removed from Weather page.
 - Fixed minor issue where Thumbnail view wasn't displaying highlighted colour on focus.

Version 0.9.9 - 8th September 2019
 - Works with Kodi 18.x.
 - Updated some dependencies in addon.xml.
 - Updated 'About' section of skin.
 - Added 'Modifiers' to Skin Settings menu.
 - Redesigned topbar.
 - Corrected issue with main menu displaying 'Not Available' for Music.
 - Music now launches directly into Albums.
 - Topbar code removed from Includes.xml and moved to Includes_Topbar.xml.
 - Removed Includes_Lyrebird.xml.
 - Added Australian classification flag entries (Credits to Jondar).
 - Removed lyrefont entries from font.xml, new entries added that follow the standard naming convention.
 - Some general code cleanup.
 - Steam Explorer rewritten and renamed to Sauna. Orientation can be chosen from the new Modifiers menu in Skin Settings.
 - Removed Steam Thumbs view.
 - Made adjustments to Arcade view (Games / Episodes / Movies / TV Shows).
 - Added Keibertz+ view (Games / Movies / TV Shows).
 - Added Coverflow view (Games / Albums / Movies / TV Shows).
 - Some minor adjustments to certain legacy Mimic views.
 - Lots and lots of options for game views! (Arcade / Keibertz+ / Coverflow / Sauna).

Essential Extras:
Game Studio Flags by Chrisism. Lyrebird game views use this resource for studio flag images.
Advanced Emulator Launcher by Wintermute0110. The essential gaming addon for which Lyrebird game views currently use.
KEIBERTZ+
A Relic Reborn!

About this view: Keibertz+ (Keibertz Plus) is a view with an emphasis on bold presentation while keeping things simple. Based off an obscure MOD for Cirrus Extended (http://myxbmc.bplaced.net/blog/?p=736) that was far too nice to let linger in obscurity, Keibertz+ has extended beyond its origins to be a multipurpose solution for gaming setups and well as being available for movies and tv shows.

Keibertz+ derives its name in tribute to the author of the original MOD for Cirrus Extended,

Movies

TV Shows

Games: Poster

Games: Square

Games: Blu-Ray

Games: Wide

Games: Slim

Games: 3DS / DS

COVERFLOW
Maximum impact. Minimum effort.

About this view: Coverflow does exactly what is says on the tin. Flip through your games, movies, tv shows, and albums in fine style! No idle boast that this may be the most robust Coverflow available for a Kodi skin as like all other gaming views it will dynamically change the box shape depending on the system detected. This is also the perfect view for users who have the most basic of resources (icons and fanart) and want an impactful presentation.

Coverflow is based off the view of the same name from Cirrus Extended, rewritten, enhanced and ready to suit your media and gaming needs on a level the original was not capable of. Get flipping!

Albums

Movies

TV Shows

Games: Poster

Games: Square

Games: Blu-Ray

Games: Wide

Games: Slim

Games: 3DS / DS

SAUNA
Bringing your Steam library to life!

About this view: Sauna is a flagship view for flaunting your Steam setup in Lyrebird. Choose from 3 different styles, Default, Boxshot, or Double Fanart and give your PC gaming collection (or anything else that makes use of Steam banners / grid icons) the showcase it deserves! Sauna makes use of the banners asset from AEL for the navigation pane with support for fanart, snaps, and titles to be displayed in the fanart window. Modifier option exists in the Skin Settings menu to change the orientation of navigation from vertical to horizontal, if the user desires.

Sauna replaces Steam Explorer from the earlier pre-1.0 builds of Lyrebird and re-assumes the name from its SexyCirrus origins. Changes have been made to focus on increasing readability such as increasing the size of the Steam banners displayed (changed from 8x3 to 6x3) and making the metadata styles appear more unified.

Style: Default

Style: Boxshot

Style: Double Fanart

Looks very nice and clean...

Good to see you back in the game.
one of the best skinners for the emulation scene..
Putting the final touches on these updated views...

The 'Belt' series of views was the first draft, here we move into the more complete look. You can also see some of the changes that Lyrebird will have overall such as the Cirrus style header bar.

Coming shortly.

update that GIT fam! lol.
Great work on this mod! Will you be adding support for the 460x215 Steam grid icons? For my personal PC gaming library, I've setup all of my games in AEL with the grid icons instead of box art because of their consistency.
(2018-12-04, 05:15)dmakk Wrote: Great work on this mod! Will you be adding support for the 460x215 Steam grid icons? For my personal PC gaming library, I've setup all of my games in AEL with the grid icons instead of box art because of their consistency.

Thanks, mate. Yes, there will be views that support Steam banners. In fact, that last screenshot has a Steam Banner in it - despite it being Metroid: Other M.

If you look up my previous projects on the forum (Citris & SexyCirrus) you'll see many of those views exclusively support Steam Banners and "ports" of those views are coming across to Lyrebird MOD. Smile

EDIT: Just an FYI, in the upcoming views Steam Banners will use the 'banner' asset, not 'boxfront'. This is because, like you, I use banners for a consistent look as PC gaming is a little all over the shop but some people like to be able to mix and match and so do I.
Almost ready to go live with the next version! Here are some of the style templates you can pick for your view. There's a lot of cool tricks coming. Smile

any chance for next version?
Yes, bud. Been away over the holiday break and sinking way too much time into Yakuza 0. Nice to have a new game that arrests my interest. Wink

Will be back next week. I was hoping to drop around Xmas but things got too busy.
I downloaded the skin.lyrebird from github and I am trying to figure out how to disable/remove the weather from showing next to the clock in the top right of the screen. Their should be a way to disable the weather in the following file: skin.lyrebird/1080i/includes.xml by removing something from the Navigation Bar section between lines 612 to 711 but I dont know what exactly. If I erase all the text from lines 612 to 711 then the whole header disappears including the weather but that is not ideal. What is the correct text to remove/hide the weather? I hope someone can find out and share with me. Thank you so much
(2019-02-01, 02:51)bringyoutolife Wrote:
Code:
I downloaded the skin.lyrebird from github and I am trying to figure out how to disable/remove the weather from showing next to the clock in the top right of the screen. Their should be a way to disable the weather in the following file: skin.lyrebird/1080i/includes.xml by removing something from the Navigation Bar section between lines 612 to 711 but I dont know what exactly. If I erase all the text from lines 612 to 711 then the whole header disappears including the weather but that is not ideal. What is the correct text to remove/hide the weather? I hope someone can find out and share with me. Thank you so much
You're looking in the wrong place, you need to edit variables.xml and edit the variable called TopbarFadeLabel1. Specifically, you'll need to edit lines 658 and 662. If you need help in the future, please just ask in one single place rather than posting the same question moments apart in multiple threads. Keeps it clean. Smile
Thank you so much I will delete the other post. Your instructions Imageworked but it still displays an icon to the right of the clock with a slash symbol in it where the picture of the weather would normally go here is a screenshot so you know what I mean https://imgur.com/jXLFrUX do you know how to remove that as well?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lyrebird MOD 0.9.9 (UPDATE: 2019-09-09)2