Win Problem with micro pauses
Apologies, I work away from home in the week.  New log posted on site mentioned above, thanks for your help Karellen
You need to provide the link, like you did last time, otherwise we are unable to find it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Https://paste.kodi.tv/owatajaqif .Sorry, here you go.
Link provided .
Have I done everything right now?
Are you playing FLAC over the network by any chance? I had an issue on my Nvidia Shield with pauses that I never solved.

Converted all my music to MP3 in the end and it works flawlessly now.
There should be no problems playing FLAC over a network.  I do it all the time.  Should be quick to test if it is FLAC specific - playback a FLAC track from a USB drive.

If problem does go away on USB - then attack the network kit instead.  Replace old Network cables.  Check you have Gigabit Network Switches in place and not just relying on an old ISP supplied router.

I would not want someone to waste time downgrading music quality to MP3.
(2018-10-19, 18:32)BatterPudding Wrote: There should be no problems playing FLAC over a network.  I do it all the time.
Same here, no pause issues whatsoever.

(2018-10-19, 18:32)BatterPudding Wrote: I would not want someone to waste time downgrading music quality to MP3.
Indeed, FLAC is a superior format for those that like audio quality Smile
I have had problems caused by network hardware.  Can be comically odd to spot too.  In this case it is easy to cut out the network with a USB test.

Especially old network hardware causes problems after a while:

* I have had Network Switches stutter due to the capacitors inside weeping/failing.
* Old cables getting kinked and breaking.
* Badly made cables incorrectly crimped.
* Junk ISP supplied routers only having old 100-base ports.
* Other mental hardware on the network constantly chattering and flooding the network.

I have also seen NAS hardware with cheap and slow disks inside.  Or too much other junk on the NAS slowing it down.  Or the NAS trying to do too many different tasks at the same time.  Or just plain overheating.

The more the issue can be narrowed the better.  Take out the variables.

(I don't want to distract into a MP3 vs FLAC thread - but just lets say my audio equipment costs more than my car.  I know where my priority lies.  Wink )
It happens on flac, mp3 and during video playback,  the sound pauses randomly. I was watching a TV show I'd ripped which was playing perfectly,  paused it for about 10 mins then when I restarted it there were continual micro pauses.
On the offchance that you haven't done that yet: Try updating the Intel Display Audio driver. Older versions are known to be buggy.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2792032

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with micro pauses0