No channels running 5.8.7.2
I'm running 5.8.7.2 with KODI 18 beta3 and CoreELEC 8.95.3 on an Odroid C2. I'm having an issue where after rebooting or restarting KODI, the channels are all deleted. After opening KODI trac 17864 at https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17864 and building in some extra logging, it looks like the error might be in the pvr.mythtv plugin.

Has anyone else seen this with KODI 18?
Reading the track ticket, your issue relates creating a channel group within Kodi. Unfortunately Kodi doesn't store the created group as I remember. I don't know why but it is like that. If you need to group channels you can do it with myth setup: The addon handles channels group from the backend.
But having a working channel group management in kodi itself will be great in my opinion. I could help to resolve the issue.
I just tried to create a channel group named 'Favoris' then stop and restart Kodi.... The new group created within Kodi exists after the restart and it contains the added channels. So the persistance of channels group seems to work in Kodi, at least with Kodi-18 and the pvr addon MythTV 5.8.7.

But for my case I have only 35 channels from my backend and loading them from backend is very fast. I seen you have more than 600 channels and I suspect Kodi to load its internal channels group in a manner asynchronously and before receiving the pvr response for GetChannels(): Regarding your log from the ticket I didn't see the pvr response of the call GetChannels().
I'll do more testing. At some point in the distant past (maybe mythtv 0.27 or 0.28, I'm on 29 now), KODI didn't support getting myth channel favorites and creating groups from them. As such, I let KODI sync the list of all available channels from the backend once and then manually created a channel list (Charter Digital) and put maybe 60 out of the 600 available channels in it. Up until around KODI 18 alpha 3, this still continued to work. Now, every time I reboot the list of channels in my custom channel group gets deleted. Perhaps this is happening because the built in 'All Channels" group has the channels deleted and then added back? I have the setting so that the channels and channel groups are not sync'd from the backend. What I have been doing to "fix" the problem after a reboot is to copy a backup of the TV32 database back onto my KODI box and the reset the guide data.

I will turn the sync back on and see if it now correctly pulls my channel favorites from the myth backend, which would actually be preferable.
So I did some testing tonight. The KODI PVR channel groups for the mythtv plugin don't really seem to be channel groups from the mythtv backend but instead seem to be the sources defined in mythtvsetup. I created a new channel group in mythtv called Kodi but the only channel group (other than All Channels) KODI sees is Charter Digital which is a video source. Unfortunately for me, that contains all 600+ channels from my cable provider but I only get some of those and only want to browse/watch a small fraction.

I'm guessing the behavior regarding what mythtv vs KODI calls a channel group is expected?
(2018-10-09, 02:48)zaphod24 Wrote: Unfortunately for me, that contains all 600+ channels from my cable provider but I only get some of those and only want to browse/watch a small fraction.

No information about your original problem but you can use mythweb to make channels you don't get/use invisible.  Helps to get rid of duplicates and the channels you don't use.
For now, I solved this by using SchedulesDirect to only have the channels I get and actually watch sent to MythTV.

Long term, I think it would make sense for the pvr.mythtv plugin to actually pull channel groups defined in MythTV instead of video sources, which is what it seems to do now.
.if you are only using channel groups to get rid of channels you don't want then use mythweb to make those channels invisible.  the schedulesdirect method gets screwed up when your channel lineup changes.  This also allows you to reorder channels in a more logical way
Yes the groups made by the addon are based on sources. The reason is backend API doesn't have method to get groups made by mythfrontend.
So for your case the only solution is using KODI internal group.
The MythWeb channel visible has promise. I use the channel groups in MythTV to keep my usually watched channels in a group and then switch to more or all channels on the rare occasion I want to watch ESPN or similar.

I assume it would be a task for the MythTV developers to add API calls for getting the channels in the backend channel groups?
Yes it is.

The related table is channelgroup.

New features to the MYTH API were available for the next major release only. So for instance it would be preferable to resolve the issue here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No channels running 5.8.7.20