• 13(current)
Solved SONY AF9 w/ AndroidTV Oreo - Installation via Play Store fails with Error Code -506
Now we calm down and realize that Sony doesn't give a damn about its TV customers.

So, better now?

If that's now clear to everyone, then all AF8/9 users will install this Kodi version and the world will look better again:
kodi-20190108-8d666add-org.xbmc.sony-armeabi-v7a.apk

And if you all ask fritsch for it, he will surely create a special build of the current 18.0 final for your devices ;-)

And nobody has to worry much more about the evil millionaires of the Sony management.
(2019-02-10, 09:49)fabi121 Wrote: Hi, I just bought a Sony AF9 tv and am not sure which apk I have to install as most links in the threat are not working.

Could you please post a link to the latest working version of Kodi on the AF9?

Help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Thx. to user @chrisyu, there are Kodi Leia nightlies being built with a Sony - install friendly packaging name HERE (click)

(2019-02-11, 04:47)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-02-10, 09:49)fabi121 Wrote: Hi, I just bought a Sony AF9 tv and am not sure which apk I have to install as most links in the threat are not working.

Could you please post a link to the latest working version of Kodi on the AF9?

Help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Thx. to user @chrisyu, there are Kodi Leia nightlies being built with a Sony - install friendly packaging name HERE (click) 
Thank you very much...what version is?

Thanks
(2019-02-10, 20:46)fritsch Wrote: Then return your Sony-TV. They take your money but don't care bout their customers afterwards ..

I just wanted to make a little request. Ok. No problem @fritsch

Thank u so much @rainman74

Best wishes. ..
The versions of @chrisyu cannot be installed on european devices, because the used package name is already occupied by a pre-installed and not uninstallable app (com.amazon.aiv.eu), so I recommend the app of @fritsch:
kodi-20190108-8d666add-org.xbmc.sony-armeabi-v7a.apk
What's the difference?@chrisyu 
kodi-armv7a-swhw-20190215-379f5f9.apk
kodi-armv7a-swhw-alt-20190215-379f5f9.apk
kodi-armv7a-20190215-379f5f9.apk
Use the Top one, it has SW HW Kodi user settings and a few tweaks for SD video content files that cause issues.

Because devs. cannot tweak the underlying Linux Kernel like you can for the Linux Kodi devices - to fully sort out Android hardware video decoding
- in the end it's better just to allow users to SW decode old SD content - if they have decent modern ARM chipsets.
Such Chipsets are not getting any slower either.

@rainman74 - what would be a better App signature ?

(2019-02-15, 13:48)wrxtasy Wrote: @rainman74 - what would be a better App signature ?
 I would recommend org.xbmc.sony, because Fritsch doesn't create test-builds for these devices anymore.
@rainman74  stop that now. Your beloved Sony vendor fucked all its users and blocks kodi on all TVs by accident and does not care to fix it for more than 6 months now ... there is absolutely not test-build needed ... just a firmware fix of Sony, which they told to provide ... so - ask them, twitter them ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-02-15, 21:26)fritsch Wrote: @rainman74  stop that now. Your beloved Sony vendor fucked all its users and blocks kodi on all TVs by accident and does not care to fix it for more than 6 months now ... there is absolutely not test-build needed ... just a firmware fix of Sony, which they told to provide ... so - ask them, twitter them ...
What am I supposed to stop with? I just made a suggestion.

And I'm not repeating my opinion about Sony here, it's already stated above.
Hey @fritsch ! What is your problem?

You think you're on the top of the world because you're a code developer? You're so funny, man!
(2019-02-17, 17:05)hugo_ramirez Wrote: Hey @fritsch ! What is your problem?

You think you're on the top of the world because you're a code developer? You're so funny, man!
 Our problem is worthless manufacturers who don't give a shit about their customers. Now that's the end of this discussion.
Go complain to Sony until they release a fixed firmware version.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thread marked solved because it's not a Kodi issue.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2019-02-17, 17:05)hugo_ramirez Wrote: Hey @fritsch ! What is your problem?

Nope, I don't think so, if that was the case I would not have fixed all the Sony bugs for v18 release - in my freetime. The most funny thing in this thread is users, that gave a shitload of money to Sony and realizing they cannot use the SW they want to use, cause of Sony implemented a Kindergarden-Bug and do not care for 5 cents to fix it since more than half a year. This is funny, at least for those that are not sitting on their Sony-TV.

So - If you have a problem with Sony-Support or product-quality ask them your money back.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I didn't want to write here anymore, but I can't leave it like this.

I have to agree with Fritsch here and especially thank him for his test builds and for the analysis of the error Sony caused! I think some of you don't appreciate that.

Nevertheless, it doesn't help to always refer to Sony (and other manufacturers). They do what they want anyway (and always the cheapest way), that should be understood by everyone by now ;-)

I also think it's good now, in this thread there are the special builds by Fritsch for the AF8/9 and also Chris builds. That should last until Sony fixes the bug in a few years (maybe).

*The End*
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SONY AF9 w/ AndroidTV Oreo - Installation via Play Store fails with Error Code -5063