v18 BUG? -> "ListItem.Icon" shows "ListItem.EpgEventIcon" in DialogPVRInfo.xml
AS Title said: "ListItem.Icon" shows "ListItem.EpgEventIcon" in DialogPVRInfo.xml

So ur stuck if you wanna show both, the Channel Icon, and the PVREventicon within the PVRInfo Dialog.

+ u have a imho. needless inconsisty there.
Quote:Bug - Bug?

Identifying every thread you start lately with the 'Bug' indicator on is a bit presumptuous IMO. Why don't you let Team Kodi decide if that indicator is necessary or not?
Not everything is a necessarily a bug if it is working differently from what you expect. Just saying.
(2018-10-11, 08:23)Klojum Wrote: Identifying every thread you start lately with the 'Bug' indicator on is a bit presumptuous IMO

Sry. Not my fault if so much isnt working!

and your wrong, look at the Treads im recently startend, and you will recognise that there are even several which arent marked as BUG but where Bugs!

Link to my Treads

if i should stop reporting Things which didnt work i can now stop imadietly working.

--
I did retag the Tread and Labled it as "V18" instead of "BUG", (Do u think its Fun to have to report BUGs / issues?,.)

and beside!!!!!
(2018-10-11, 08:23)Klojum Wrote: every thread
IS SIMPLY WRONG!

again, please see my treadlist, your a mod, act like it.

--

denkst Du es macht spass an einem neuen Skin zu arbeiten und so häufig über Probleme/Bugs zu stolpernHuh
(2018-10-11, 08:37)Rantanplan-1 Wrote:
(2018-10-11, 08:23)Klojum Wrote: Identifying every thread you start lately with the 'Bug' indicator on is a bit presumptuous IMO

Sry. Not my fault if so much isnt working!

and your wrong, look at the Treads im recently startend, and you will recognise that there are even several which arent marked as BUG but where Bugs!

Link to my Treads

if i should stop reporting Things which didnt work i can now stop imadietly working.

--
I did retag the Tread and Labled it as "V18" instead of "BUG", (Do u think its Fun to have to report BUGs / issues?, others may give up already.)

and beside!!!!!
(2018-10-11, 08:23)Klojum Wrote: every thread
IS SIMPLY WRONG!

again, please see my treadlist, your a mod, act like it.

--

denkst Du es macht spass an einem neuen Skin zu arbeiten und so häufig über Probleme/Bugs zu stolpernHuh

Stop shouting, stay polite. Otherwise your chances to get support are dropping very fast to zero.

I understand that it's no fun to stumble over bugs, otherwise, you do it voluntarily and if you no longer have fun with Kodi skin development, you can just stop.
this was surely in no way towards you! @ kasooo (No way)
(2018-10-11, 09:27)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: this was surely in no way towards you! @ kasooo (No way)
 This is not about me, it's about general rules of behavior.

Regarding the problem: Although I understand what you want to achieve, this is not a bug, because nothing broke. LIstItem.Icon worked exactly the same way in Krypton and ListItem.EggEventIcon is new with Leia.

ListItem.Icon for an EPG event always did and still does return the EPG event thumb, if available. If not, it falls back to the channel icon. If this fails, a default image will be returned. I do not like this uncontrollable behavior (and guess what; I did not design it), but again, this works as designed.

New for Leia is ListItem.EpgEventIcon which was introduced to make it possible to display both the channel logo and the EPG event icon in Live TV OSD and to be able to make sure that those images are actually different. This works, as ListItem.Icon for a channel (Live TV OSD operates on channels) does not have this uncontrollable fallback mechanism.

It seems, you now request another ListItem, which safely will return the channel logo of an EPG event or nothing. Such a listitem never existed. Thus, we're not talking about bugs here, but a feature request. :-)
(2018-10-11, 08:37)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: IS SIMPLY WRONG!
Context is everything... I said "Identifying every thread you start lately", it does not refer to all threads you have started on this forum.

First using the Bug-indicator on a thread, and then using "Bug?" in your thread title is confusing.
Just ignore the text underneath, i guess im thaking a Brake may better for both sides, by..

----------------

(2018-10-11, 11:03)Klojum Wrote: Context is everything... I said "Identifying every thread you start lately",

And sorry ur still wrong about this!

Tell me one other Tread which was marked as BUG which wasnt one? (lets say during the last month or two)
(I usaly try to be carefull with marking treads as BUGs, i still got other issues in the "Backburner" where i first would like to investigate if those are issues on my side, or not, and if im stuck i go and ask here if someone got similar issues. And i also will in the Future.

---
Jer, i speak openly about the Problems i face by upgrading to Krypton, and im thankfull for the help im getting here. (and jer, sometimes problems i face are caused by my own code - im not a Pro Coder)

Jer, i try to report BUGs if i finde any / i post about Bugs if i finde any.
(is this a Probem?)

---
(2018-10-11, 11:03)Klojum Wrote: this is not a bug, because nothing broke. LIstItem.Icon worked exactly the same way in Krypton and ListItem.EggEventIcon is new with Leia.

ListItem.Icon for an EPG event always did and still does return the EPG event thumb, if available

Where there any Backends in Krypton which provided something different than the ChannelIcon for "ListItem.Icon" in Krypton?

Jer, totaly possible that there are/where two differeren classes used to provide the Icon in Krypton, didnt dig in the Code..
so i was wrong by guessing its a Bug

---
But at the End, what are we Bikeshadding about? That i did Tag this Tread firstly as "BUG" (i did already then put a "->BUG?" behinde this Tag as i wasnt completely shure it is one.)?

EDIT: (I have to apologise for tagging this tread wrong, and im sorry for making this mistake)

--
Ksooo : thanks for clarification.
(2018-10-11, 10:44)ksooo Wrote: This is not about me, it's about general rules of behavior.

Exactly!

Couldnt agree more.

EDIT:
How to say that in a nice Way? No Idea, so:

@Klojung : for the Future, please Troll elswhere.
(2018-10-25, 21:33)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: @Klojung : for the Future, please Troll elswhere.
Kindly write someone's nickname correctly if you want to point fingers.

One final time: Yes, sometimes there are straight-forward bugs to report. But, not everything that works differently than expected on someone's Kodi setup is automatically "a bug". As per experience, in plenty of cases the Kodi user has different or incorrect settings. Or, "outside interference" via 3rd party add-ons (which are beyond the control of Team Kodi) are making the Kodi experience different from what is expected.

So who is trolling? Here you are, still editing your post a month later... Get over it.
Let's just say we agree to disagree, and move on.
Just had to be said. (all fine)

Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BUG? -> "ListItem.Icon" shows "ListItem.EpgEventIcon" in DialogPVRInfo.xml0