Where do I put movieset artwork?
Where exactly does movie set artwork go?
All of my movies are in their own folder.
Does it go in the movies folder? Do I need a copy of it in every movie folder in the set?
I checked the wiki and I'm not seeing this...
@huttdes

Kodi does not yet natively handle movie set artwork so it does not really matter where it goes at this stage.

Some users place it with the actual movies in the set, but this means there are numerous copies of the movie set artwork. Others create a central folder to save movie set artwork. I use the second method with Artwork Beef.

Artwork Beef has an explanation on the method here... https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwor...fromfiles/

An example from my library. The Sets folders are named as they are named in Kodi. The folders contain only artwork.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Are you telling me there is no way to use movie set art without an add-on?

.... so I installed the addon and updated a couple movie sets manually. It tells me its updated artwork... a large amount for some reason. Like 10 artworks.
Anyway where is it storing these? I like to know where everything is stored and be in control of it.
Also is there a way to just have it automatically check all of my movie sets?
If I select identify unmatched movie sets with TMDB it gives me a list of all of them and I can only choose one.... of over 100
(2018-10-14, 20:32)huttdes Wrote: Are you telling me there is no way to use movie set art without an add-on?
No. You can manually apply it by choosing Context Menu>Manage>Choose Art

(2018-10-14, 20:32)huttdes Wrote: Anyway where is it storing these?
Where it has always stored it, in the Thumbnails Cache.

(2018-10-14, 20:32)huttdes Wrote: Also is there a way to just have it automatically check all of my movie sets?
If I select identify unmatched movie sets with TMDB it gives me a list of all of them and I can only choose one.... of over 100
Are you referring to Artwork Beef? If yes, then you will need to ask in that thread as I don't know all the functions it has.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-10-14, 20:32)huttdes Wrote: .... so I installed the addon and updated a couple movie sets manually. It tells me its updated artwork... a large amount for some reason. Like 10 artworks.
Artwork Beef supports all artwork types available on fanart.tv, and by default adds most of them. The exact types it will add can be configured in the add-on settings.

(2018-10-14, 20:32)huttdes Wrote: Also is there a way to just have it automatically check all of my movie sets?
Movie set handling is goofy, first see the bullet point related to "movie collection artwork" on the First usage page of the documentation. Then here is a quick-start guide to get you started in general.

And looking to the future, there have been a couple of changes submitted for the new version of Kodi, currently in development, that at least allows scrapers and NFO files to add movie set artwork, but they have not been accepted yet.
(2018-10-14, 22:07)Karellen Wrote:  
(2018-10-14, 20:32)huttdes Wrote: Anyway where is it storing these?
Where it has always stored it, in the Thumbnails Cache.

Yeah, but all of my artwork and nfo's are stored locally. Where would it look for it if I was adding it myself.
(2018-10-14, 23:54)rmrector Wrote:
(2018-10-14, 20:32)huttdes Wrote: .... so I installed the addon and updated a couple movie sets manually. It tells me its updated artwork... a large amount for some reason. Like 10 artworks.
Artwork Beef supports all artwork types available on fanart.tv, and by default adds most of them. The exact types it will add can be configured in the add-on settings.

Movie set handling is goofy, first see the bullet point related to "movie collection artwork" on the First usage page of the documentation. Then here is a quick-start guide to get you started in general.

And looking to the future, there have been a couple of changes submitted for the new version of Kodi, currently in development, that at least allows scrapers and NFO files to add movie set artwork, but they have not been accepted yet. 
 Thanks... I think I'll definitely have to read the guide for this... wouldn't have thought there would be anything complicated about it.
(2018-10-11, 22:02)Karellen Wrote: Kodi does not yet natively handle movie set artwork so it does not really matter where it goes at this stage.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where do I put movieset artwork?0