Solved Startup Location
Whenever Kodi starts up, is there any way to configure it to start in a particular spot?

For example, I would like Kodi to always automatically go to Videos > Files.

If that setting exists already, I have not been able to find it.

Thanks
Use autoexec.py (wiki) and add the following

xml:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(Videos,sources://video/,return)')
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I think some skins also have a configuration setting for this.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-10-12, 20:20)Karellen Wrote: Use autoexec.py (wiki) and add the following

xml:
import xbmc

That sounds interesting. I'll have to read up on autoexec.py.

(2018-10-12, 21:56)DarrenHill Wrote: I think some skins also have a configuration setting for this.

I was pretty sure I had this set in the past. Maybe it was Confluence. Huh
(2018-10-12, 20:20)Karellen Wrote: Use autoexec.py (wiki) and add the following

xml:
import xbmc

So, do I need to install anything to get 'autoexec.py' to run, or is it already built into Kodi (just drop a text file in the UserData folder)?
Ready to run. Kodi searches for that file at startup
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Under Estuary and Confluence/Xonfluence it's in settings > interface > startup > start window

That can start in videos, but not videos > files.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-10-12, 15:45)jp2code Wrote: For example, I would like Kodi to always automatically go to Videos > Files.

(2018-10-13, 08:57)DarrenHill Wrote: Under Estuary and Confluence/Xonfluence it's in settings > interface > startup > start window
But that does not give the option to get to Videos>Files. The closest option is Videos, so the user still has to scroll and select to get where s/he wants to be.
My Signature
Yup, as I noted in parallel whilst you were posting Wink

Just wanted to add where the option is in the skins for anyone else who might want something similar.

Kodi Blog Posts
I'm running Kodi from the Microsoft Windows 10 Store. Instead of this path:

WindowsStart - type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata - press <Enter>

I found it here (after doing a search and not realizing it was in the wiki https://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata):

Windows UWP %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\

I created a Text file with this content:

xml:
import xbmc

Saved the file in the "...\Roaming\Kodi" folder, renamed it to "autoexec.py", and launched Kodi.

It didn't work. Sad

Did I miss a step?

For now, I'm running what DarrenHill pointed out. That gets me pretty close.
The location and file structure look right, but I'm not sure the arguments in ActivateWindow are right.

See autoexec.py (wiki) and Window_IDs (wiki) for more details, maybe videos instead of Videos for example? The pages and links from them might help.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-10-14, 16:38)jp2code Wrote: It didn't work. Sad

Did I miss a step?
I just tested it on Win10 v17.6 and it works here. It took me straight into my list of Sources.

xml:
Windows UWP %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\
Should be saved in
xml:
Windows UWP %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
Has to be saved in the Userdata folder, not where the Userdata folder is saved. Same place where guisettings.xml, sources.xml and others are saved
My Signature
(2018-10-14, 22:21)Karellen Wrote: Has to be saved in the Userdata folder, not where the Userdata folder is saved. Same place where guisettings.xml, sources.xml and others are saved 

Bingo!

That was it.

Thanks Karellen!
Great. I'll mark this solved.

Thread marked solved.
My Signature
The method described in this thread no longer works.

Please use this method... https://kodi.wiki/view/Autoexec_Service
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Startup Location0