Android Error -506 installing kodi on TV Sony kd-55af9
Hello,
there is an error -506 when i want to install kodi on my new TV sony kd-55af9
the version that installs is the 17 from standard google pay.

My tv: oreo 8.0.0 and 4 atm cortex a73 instruction arm v8a

I tried to install a version v18 leia armv8a, but the protection of oreo does not allow me ...
The TV 'has a menu but I do not know what to adjust ...

Thanks for your help

Alain
Same problem here.
Try MrMc
I have the same problem...
unfortunately, have not received any help so far... :-(
And SONY Support has not come up with a good solution.
Therefore, I am trying emby... and so far, it works beautifully!
Quote:I tried to install a version v18 leia armv8a, but the protection of oreo does not allow me ...

You need to install the ARMv7 build. OS on those sets is still 32-Bit.
Hi @CiNcH 

I have some trouble with Kodi 18 in my Sony XE9006. I reported the problem here and in spanish's sony forum, but nobody can solve it. 

After long restart TV, Kodi starts normally. If I start my AV decoder and then run kodi, it start normally. But if i turn off AV decoder, kodi doesn't start. If i start again AV decoder kodi works. If i restart TV my AV decoder turned on, Kodi works. If i turn off AV decoder, Kodi doesn't work.

So, it seems that after first restart kodi works, but i turn on my AV decoder it have to be on to kodi works. 

Update: here the kodi.log when AVR is on: https://pastebin.com/PxkMsr27

Do you have similar problem?

Thanks
I have the same problem here. Is there aan solution?
Same problem here. What van i do
hello ,

First sorry for my bad english, I have 66af9 and i want to install KODI but i found 4 version of APK :

1 - kodi-armv7a-20190307-26ba848
2 - kodi-org.xbmc.amc-20190307-26ba848
3 - kodi-20190306-d9149a09-v18.1_store_store-armeabi-v7a
4 - kodi-20190108-8d666add-org.xbmc.sony-armeabi-v7a

what are the differences ? what is the best version? is there any other better version ?

thank in advance.

tonio
(2019-03-07, 22:51)toniobeta Wrote: 2 - kodi-org.xbmc.amc....

You want that named one, and it's compiled by @chris and found:
https://app.box.com/v/kodi4sonytv

It can be installed along side existing Kodi and will not interfere with it's database, plus there are HW/SW decode options for mpeg2, mpeg4 and H264 - which then allows you to do high quality SD - mpeg2 YADIF2x Software deinterlacing and decoding of interlaced DVD and broadcast TV streams if your Android Media player has sufficient CPU ponies.

Thank you for your very quick answer Wink 

I'm sorry but I still have two question:

1- what's the difference between : kodi-org.xbmc.amc-20190307-26ba848.apk and kodi-armv7a-20190307-26ba848.apk (file in your links).
2- sorry if this question is not in a good place- Is it possible to have the bluray menu on kodi android tv (add-on or parameter or .....)

thanks in advance

tonio
Installing Kodi on Sony TVs should be a little easier with a new firmware update:
sony.com/electronics/support/oled-tvs-android-a9f_af9-series/xbr-65a9f/downloads/00015905
Yes, the aforementioned firmware update should help...
Unfortunately, it is not yet available in Europe.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error -506 installing kodi on TV Sony kd-55af90