Solved V2: No nfo files since latest update
Hi,

i update to latest nightly (18.10.11) and now there where no nfo files for every new film/series i add. All other media files are present but no nfo file:
No nfo

P.Ssorry for my terrible english...
There's a new setting to prevent nfo files from being written..
Default nfo should have been set nevertheless..
Check your nfo settings for tv shows and rewrite all nfos afterwards
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
I just updated to your 2018-10-13 and I still cannot find this setting for Movies nor TV Shows. Where are they?

Am I just supposed to untick all the boxes under settings>metadata scrape defaults?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-10-14, 07:39)Karellen Wrote: I just updated to your 2018-10-13 and I still cannot find this setting for Movies nor TV Shows. Where are they?

Am I just supposed to untick all the boxes under settings>metadata scrape defaults?
 untick
well do you speak of the v3 nightly or v2?
i added this to v3..
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2018-10-14, 07:39)Karellen Wrote: I just updated to your 2018-10-13
Yes, v3

If it is just unticking those boxes, then that has always been there even in v2 if I recall correctly.

(2018-10-14, 07:17)mlaggner Wrote: There's a new setting to prevent nfo files from being written..
I have been looking for a specific setting.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
No, I've introduced nfo checkboxes for tv shows last week..
Unticking them prevents tmm from writing nfo files 😁

For movies they have been there for ages
Ok, I am still not getting it and its becoming harder than it needs to be.

Are these the checkboxes you are referring to at the bottom of the image? I believe they are your v2 screenshots from your site. So I am really struggling to understand these new settings you are referring to if they already exist in v2. Please post a screenshot of these settings. Or at least give the path to the appropriate screen so I can find these new settings myself. Same for Movies.

My Signature
oh no - in the TV show settings!

EDIT: sorry something must have gone wrong with that commit.. the logic is in there, but the UI didn't get committed. Will fix that in the evening
You are not making it easy...

There are 7 pages for TV Show Settings. I have looked through all of them. I expect this setting to be on the most obvious page. Yet I cannot see any setting to disable NFO File creation. So can you just clearly point me to the right page... please. It is not a hard question Smile

My Signature
Ok, we just cross posted. Will wait for the new commit.

--Edit--
Is that the same for Movies, as I cannot see that setting for movies either.
My Signature
@Totti can confirm your bug in v2! must have been a change from last week - will investigate

@Karellen https://imgur.com/a/ugYeaZx
Sorry guys - it was me who broke the NFO writing in V2 Smile

Updated some dependencies, and didn't see they dropped some internal stuff, which was previously fine on Oracle Java.
New build is already up - should work again (please confirm)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
@myron
Thanks, it's working again.
No problem Smile thanx for your work !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
V2: No nfo files since latest update0