Setting to include albums where artist makes guest appearence
I would like to list all album by ALBUM ARTIST  including all the other album where the ALBUM ARTIST appear in ARTIST field and not appear in the ALBUM ARTIST field.
It's a native work of KODI if the flag "include artists who appear only on compilations" is ON. It doesn't work if the flag is Off.
There is so many different ARTIST in my collection to keep ON this flag.

exemple
the rule I use  : only, always  one name in  field ALBUM ARTIST
few disc with :
ALBUM ARTIST = roomful of blues
ARTIST = Roomful of blues / Duke Robillard

other few disc :
ALBUM ARTIST  = Duke Robillard
ARTIST = Herb elis / Duke Robillard

Kodi give this :
A smartPlay list by ALBUM ARTIST on duke Robillard give only the other few disc if flag is OFF 
A smartPlay list by ALBUM ARTIST on duke Robillard give all the  disc if flag is ON 

I want to have the second case even the parameter is set to OFF. is that possible to do that ?
merci Y.
Moved to Music
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
You mention the setting "include artists who appear only on compilations", and from that I guess you are using v16. My first suggestion is an upgrade, even to v18 which is now in Beta.

I would also suggest that if an album is a collaboration (has more than one album artist) then you tag with all the album artists, Kodi can cope nicely with that.

That old setting was badly named, and inconsistently applied so was superseded. Kodi v17 and v18 has a setting called "show song and album artists" when this is enabled it has two effects:
a) Both album artists and song artists (that my only appear as guest artists on songs from albums by other artists or on various artists compliations ) are shown on the artists node.
b) When drilling down to see the albums by an artist, those albums where the artist has made a guest appearence are show in addition to those albums by that artist.

What you want, and some others have asked too, is for this behaviour to be covered by separate settings. Then Kodi could be configured so that you can only see album artists on the artists node, but still see those albums with songs where they just make guest appearences (are only the song artist). It is something I will consider adding for v19.

I'll edit the thread name to make this easier for me to spot - "how to ? music play list" does not mean anything to me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting to include albums where artist makes guest appearence0