External subtitles ouf of sync with blu-ray rips
I have a question regarding external subtitles (in srt format) in combination with (full) blu-ray rips (in ISO or BDMV) format.

When I use external subtitles that I know that are in sync with these blu-rays, the subtitles always appear about 10-12 seconds early.

I play the blu-ray by selecting "Play" in the context menu and selecting the playlist that has the main movie in it.

I know the subtitles are in sync, because when I play the largest .m2ts file manually it works just fine. Also my other media player (Dune HD Solo Lite) has no issues with the same subtitles.

I have not configured a default subtitle offset. I also tried three different Kodi versions (17, 18 Beta and MrMC Lite), all on an Nvidia Shield.

Any clues as to why this is happening?
Ok, so I did some more testing:

• Started with a completely fresh install of Kodi 18 Beta 3 on the Nvidia Shield: still the same issue
  • Remuxed a movie using tsmuxer into a new ISO containing a single playlist with just the movie: still the same issue
  • Checked the original ISO with the Windows version of Kodi (64-bit installer version): still the same issue
  • Remuxed the movie into an mkv file using mkvtoolnix: issue solved and subs are in sync
  • Checked the original ISO with external subs using the Xbox One version of Kodi (currently beta 1): issue solved and subs are in sync

That last one is especially surprising I think... Can anyone else confirm this issue?
Yep, I have the exact same issue with latest nightly. I guess we should open an issue on github?
(2019-04-22, 07:37)ferdinand Wrote: I guess we should open an issue on github?
Please do. Include all the usual info as log files and other details that may be relevant.
(2019-04-22, 07:50)Klojum Wrote:
Please do. Include all the usual info as log files and other details that may be relevant. 

Done. I hope I can help fix the bug with the info I've provided.
(2019-04-25, 04:14)ferdinand Wrote:
(2019-04-22, 07:50)Klojum Wrote:

I have the same problem.The bug still not fixed on Kodi v18.2.
(2019-05-27, 04:06)shengzidong Wrote:
(2019-04-25, 04:14)ferdinand Wrote:
(2019-04-22, 07:50)Klojum Wrote: Please do. Include all the usual info as log files and other details that may be relevant.  

I have the same problem.The bug still not fixed on Kodi v18.2.

I have the same problem.The bug still not fixed on Kodi v18.9 "Leia". my set is shield tv 2019 tube.
Bump any news with this?
It seems the problem is more related to the movies where there's no single movie file but just several small ones, then the subtitle timing goes out of sync.
Here's the link for the issue for anyone that's looking for it:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15983

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External subtitles ouf of sync with blu-ray rips0