Subtitle error
Hi
Tested on krypton 17.6

On an nvidia shield, 2 x 4K amazon fire boxes

None of my subtitle services are working, all show “error searching for subtitles” on opensubtitles.org

Can’t see any error messages in the log reConfusedubtitles

Any ideas??
Same her.

Subscene.com error - check the log for more information

What is causing this?
(2018-10-15, 13:24)anup.chavda Wrote: None of my subtitle services are working, all show “error searching for subtitles” on opensubtitles.org
The OpenSubtitles addon works fine here. Some services are sometimes down because of maintenance.
Did you enter your account details in the add-on settings for OpenSubtitles?
Where do I find the logfile?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I cant find any related errors to subscene, hmm.
An example of the error is in line 1279. It can't encode the character.

Is it one specific subtitle set that's failing, or is it a general thing? What language are you trying to get subtitles in? Norwegian from the log?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thats true. When I remove "Norwegian bokmål" and only have English and Norwegian as subtitles it is working.
OK so if you need to go further (is the removal an acceptable solution?) the next thing to test would be whether the source website accepts such characters or not.

If it does then the problem is at the Kodi end (presumably font encoding or suchlike) and that would need to be raised with the add-on author for correction.

If the site also rejects them then the issue is at their end, and aside from notifying them there's not much more that can be done other than working around if possible without such characters.

From the log I suspect the former (an issue in the add-on) which may need a different font inclusion or encoding method to get it to work. That would be something to be done by the add-on author.

Kodi Blog Posts
Subscene only have "Norwegian" and not "Norwegian - nynorsk" or "Norwegian - bokmål" when I look through their subtitles.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle error1