Win Add /Music /Videos User folders at first start?
Hi,

I tested Kodi 18 and noticed, that we don't add the personal /Music /Video folders of the Windows users. Wouldn't this make sense and improve the usability because the people get automatically their content listed?
Sorry, I do not understand your comment.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Do people actually store something in those folders? 
If you can find some developer who can add this we can consider this as a "standard" available file source. It won't be auto added to your library though
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Windows Users have folders ("Own Music", "Own Photos", ...) below their profile at
Code:
%USERPROFILE%\Music

My idea is, that it would be useful for newbies, if Kodi could autodetect this folders, if the user has a significant amount of files within. This could be done by setup or by first start.
Thanks @orger

I eventually got there Smile

I think it would cause more problems then help. Newbies would end up just lumping Movies and TV Shows together in Videos in some haphazard fashion, then become frustrated nothing works, or "I only get movies, but not TV Shows" etc.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I see your point. Might it be possible to add this folder as shortcut at the browse dialog? The thing is, that Microsoft switched to virtual folders, which means the folders get localized etc. So it would get an better orientation for non-tech people that aren't familar with Windows folder structures?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add /Music /Videos User folders at first start?0