Linking my movie collection to this skin
I apologize if this question has been asked before but I am trying to link my movie collection to this skin on my Kodi.

My goal is to have across the bottom of the main screen all the different genres to keep my collection separated instead of everything being dumped under "Movies".
I have succeeded this as well as adding some background images for each genre.

Now that I'm ready to link my external storage that has the separate genre folders (ie, Comedy, Horror, Action, ect.) I cannot seam to get this done.

Can someone help walk me through on how to get this accomplished?

My external drive is called "Elements". There is a sub folder called "Kodi Movies" and then all my sub folders under that for each Genre "Horror" "Comedy" "Action".... and then all the movies listed under each genre.
How do I link the sub folder to each genre listed on the main menu?

Thanks for any help....

Brian
Assuming your folders have successfully been added to the kodi library and your "genres" are sub menu items on main screen , go into skin settings-configure main menu- then highlight the main menu item on left and press rt and choose submenu , then highlight a genre and select "choose menu item" then scroll down to playlists , your genres should be showing up there and you can select the one you want.
(2018-10-17, 00:38)Brian1975 Wrote: How do I link the sub folder to each genre listed on the main menu?
Are you scanning/scraping your movies into the library?

Try this... https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
To add the folder on your HD to kodi , its " videos- files-add videos-browse , set the path  to the folder (assuming your doing this on the same device that your HD is attached to ) then add it , set content as movies and scan to library , after its done the sub folder on your HD will show up as playlists in sources.
Wink 
damn i wish I had seen your reply , would have saved me typing  Big Grin
(2018-10-17, 00:50)ontap Wrote: Assuming your folders have successfully been added to the kodi library and your "genres" are sub menu items on main screen , go into skin settings-configure main menu- then highlight the main menu item on left and press rt and choose submenu , then highlight a genre and select "choose menu item" then scroll down to playlists , your genres should be showing up there and you can select the one you want.
 below are screen shots of what I see. I'm still not see where I can choose from my external drive.

screen shot 1

Imagescreen shot 2​​​

screen shot 3
(2018-10-17, 00:51)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-10-17, 00:38)Brian1975 Wrote: How do I link the sub folder to each genre listed on the main menu?

Thanks..I think this is what I'm looking for.
(2018-10-17, 00:51)Karellen Wrote:

Karellen,

Check the link below. Can you walk me through how to do step #2.

screen shot
Ok...so I went through Videos > file > Add Videos >

for some reason it's not picking up my external drive.
@Brian1975

Your content needs to be scraped into the library first to use Smart Playlists. Have you done that? See here... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-10-17, 02:24)Karellen Wrote: @Brian1975

Your content needs to be scraped into the library first to use Smart Playlists. Have you done that? See here... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library
 I finally figured it out. I had to write in the exact path to my hard drive for it to find it. Thanks
Ok.

---Edit---
You don't need to manually type the address, you can pick it from the selection box by choosing Browse from the Add video source screen, where I think you are choosing <None>.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linking my movie collection to this skin0