Alpha Atlas
(2019-01-19, 04:37)jurialmunkey Wrote: Looking great from the screenshots! Will give it a spin soon Big Grin
 Thx man!

If you have any tips for improvement i would love to hear them. :-)
The skin shows only minimal options. Most of them are missing, especially the option to change the skin. I don't like the skin, but now I have to reset my Kodi installation because it is fucked.
Thats why its in the WIP section , don't you think ?
(2019-02-26, 21:39)ontap Wrote: Thats why its in the WIP section , don't you think ?
From the sticky.
Quote:[WIP] - actual coding of the skin has started, but no download available yet.
It's an alpha version of the skin, but I don't know if the missing options are due to a bug or are just missing. If it is the latter, there should be warning IMO.
Luckily Kodi handled me deleting the skin folder gracefully and I switched to a new one.
(2019-02-26, 22:02)Mugros Wrote:
(2019-02-26, 21:39)ontap Wrote: Thats why its in the WIP section , don't you think ?
From the sticky.
Quote:[WIP] - actual coding of the skin has started, but no download available yet.
It's an alpha version of the skin, but I don't know if the missing options are due to a bug or are just missing. If it is the latter, there should be warning IMO.
Luckily Kodi handled me deleting the skin folder gracefully and I switched to a new one. 
This is very much a work in progress. I am working on skin options, so customizability will come - But you should not download any skins in the WIP section expecting them to be ready as daily drivers. I dont understand why you had to "reset my Kodi installation because it is fucked" - Just change back if you do not like the skin (Interface settings --> Change skin).
(2019-03-05, 21:48)Yoda92 Wrote:
(2019-02-26, 22:02)Mugros Wrote:
From the sticky.
This is very much a work in progress. I am working on skin options, so customizability will come - But you should not download any skins in the WIP section expecting them to be ready as daily drivers. I dont understand why you had to "reset my Kodi installation because it is fucked" - Just change back if you do not like the skin (Interface settings --> Change skin).  
 @Yoda92 , Atlas looks really good, thank you.  I just installed from your latest in GitHub, and on first use, the Settings main menu option, does not provide you with all of the settings categories as submenu options.  One of the ones missing is Interface, which makes it difficult to change skins once you are using Alpha.  

Could this have to do with not installing it by "install from zip" and just copying the skin files to the addons folder? 

On another note, on first use, none of the main menu options have icons like in your screenshots, but the same icon (which I guess is the default).

I will try again with "install from zip" and see if that clears up those issues.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Solved the issues by deleting script.skinshortcuts settings from userdata\addons.  I guess the menu does not build correctly when you have other skins installed that use script.skinshortcuts.  Perhaps if you might want to use the option for not sharing menus across skins from that addon.

The one issue I could not solve is that if you press S, the Settings option from the resulting menu does not work.  Something to check.

I think you're off to a great start @Yoda92 , thank you for this skin.
(2019-03-10, 18:33)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-03-05, 21:48)Yoda92 Wrote:
(2019-02-26, 22:02)Mugros Wrote: From the sticky.
 @Yoda92 , Atlas looks really good, thank you.  I just installed from your latest in GitHub, and on first use, the Settings main menu option, does not provide you with all of the settings categories as submenu options.  One of the ones missing is Interface, which makes it difficult to change skins once you are using Alpha.  

Could this have to do with not installing it by "install from zip" and just copying the skin files to the addons folder? 

On another note, on first use, none of the main menu options have icons like in your screenshots, but the same icon (which I guess is the default).

I will try again with "install from zip" and see if that clears up those issues.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Solved the issues by deleting script.skinshortcuts settings from userdata\addons.  I guess the menu does not build correctly when you have other skins installed that use script.skinshortcuts.  Perhaps if you might want to use the option for not sharing menus across skins from that addon.

The one issue I could not solve is that if you press S, the Settings option from the resulting menu does not work.  Something to check.

I think you're off to a great start @Yoda92 , thank you for this skin. 
Hi Bart!

Thx a lot for the feedback! It really helps! I will definitely set skin.shortcuts to not share the menus in the next update (which should also fix the settings button not working in the powermenu). I will be uploading a BIG update for the skin soon. But again, thx a lot! :-)

Cheers,
UPDATE V. 0.8

Hi all,

Pushed a new update. Smile -
  • Customizable widgets (I have added 5 different home widget types)
  • New color scheme (again..)
  • More media views
  • Better animations
  • A ton of small changes
  •  
watch gallery
(2019-03-19, 20:30)Yoda92 Wrote: UPDATE V. 0.8

Hi all,

Pushed a new update. Smile -
  • Customizable widgets (I have added 5 different home widget types)
  • New color scheme (again..)
  • More media views
  • Better animations
  • A ton of small changes
  •  
watch gallery

Working great, thanks! Smile
I have some questions, 
1. I  set sub menu as "Categories Widget" but it doesn't show on home screen.
2. I set sub menu as "classic submenu" it doesn't show on home screen.
Only way I can access/find sub menu is by ticking the "auto show submenu when clicking on main menu item", which of course overrides the action I have given to the menu item.
3. I really I like the Spotlight Widget , its a good option for all the menu items other than movie and tv shows, for those two items I would like to add one or more widgets in their category, but enabling the spotlight widget and setting it to a specific movie or tv list, makes it universal across all menu items. If I disable it and set up custom widgets for movies and tv shows I then cant use the spotlight widget for the other menu items ?
Skin looks great , but widget thing is an issue for me atm ,  menu/submenu hubs which I know your working on will be a big plus.
Am wondering if its an issue with "script skin helper service" been getting an error on that for a couple of days now on different skins, I have MV's repo installed and I also added "script.skinhelper service" direct from github but it throws an error on installing.
This is my new favourite skin, beautiful animations, simple design, snappy with no lag. Works great on Android TV. I love you
There should be a larger assortment of simple and clean skins like Atlas that span all Kodi supported devices.

@Yoda92 thank you for your minimalistic approach to the 10-foot UI. I've a few questions:

• Could you implement an option to make the top menu larger for big displays?
  • Maybe I missed this but are there color themes for the skin?
  • Could there be an option to enable widget wrapping so library items don't extend outside of the display?
  • Allow a library item thumbnail choice in widgets (thumbnail, poster, fan art, et cetera).

Thanks again and keep up the great work!
@Consumer  , could you try and see if you can get the sub menu to show as a category widget ? it won't for me and I haven't had a reply to my post about it above, wondered if it was something my end.
Hi @Yoda92, any behind-the-scenes progress on Atlas? Big Grin

@ontap I forgot to reply and let you know I couldn't recreate what you were asking about. Did you figure out the solution?
(2019-10-24, 19:02)Consumer Wrote: Hi @Yoda92, any behind-the-scenes progress on Atlas? Big Grin

@ontap I forgot to reply and let you know I couldn't recreate what you were asking about. Did you figure out the solution?

Sorry mate I can't remember  Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atlas2