SDCARD Access on Chromebooks?
I just noticed that Kodi on Chromebooks can not find the SDCARD that is on my chromebook. I went to add a new source and it only shows internal memory. I know chromeos was given the ability to add sdcard reading to applications, is there any way to implement that in kodi?
Sure, if you find a developer who's willing to spend time on it and submit a code pull request
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Is there any way to manually add the path 

/media/removable

in kodi so I can see if that works?
Go to add source (in music, video, file manager) then click onto '<None>' instead of Browse.
(2018-10-19, 17:44)Rechi Wrote: Go to add source (in music, video, file manager) then click onto '<None>' instead of Browse.

Actually, you need to go to your Chromebook settings, device and toggle on the sd card.  Once you do that, Kodi should find it on it's own.
I'm unsuccessful with getting Android Kodi Matrix/19.0.0 on ChromeOS 90.0.4430.100 to access the external SD card (i.e. only internal storage is visible to Kodi).
See Android police forum for description on how this does seem to work for Plex and Netflix.
So no external SD card access on Kodi on HP Chromebook with SD card access enabled (yet?) via Settings, Device, Storage Management, External storage preferences, and SD card access toggle set to on, as described in previous post.
Am I overlooking something? Would this have to be a (new) feature request for Kodi on Android running on ChromeOS?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
(2021-05-03, 11:29)Borre Wrote: I'm unsuccessful with getting Android Kodi Matrix/19.0.0 on ChromeOS 90.0.4430.100 to access the external SD card (i.e. only internal storage is visible to Kodi).
See Android police forum for description on how this does seem to work for Plex and Netflix.
So no external SD card access on Kodi on HP Chromebook with SD card access enabled (yet?) via Settings, Device, Storage Management, External storage preferences, and SD card access toggle set to on, as described in previous post.
Am I overlooking something? Would this have to be a (new) feature request for Kodi on Android running on ChromeOS?

Update: I managed to find a way to get access to the external SD card in Kodi:
  1. In ChromeOS go to Settings, Device, Storage Management, External storage preferences
  2. Set access toggle to 'On' for the external SD card(s) you want to be accessible in Android apps
  3. Start Kodi
  4. Go to File Manager
  5. Select 'Add source'
  6. Select '<None>' and press enter. Type /storage in dialogue box
  7. Press OK to add source
  8. Next, when using this source, you'll also see the external SD card as an option (with its long identifier)
The same procedure can be applied to add an external SD card as source for Music, Pictures and/or Video media via 'Add Music...', and similar.
Hope this message helps others to enjoy Android Kodi on ChromeOS too.
(2021-05-03, 11:53)Borre Wrote:
(2021-05-03, 11:29)Borre Wrote: I'm unsuccessful with getting Android Kodi Matrix/19.0.0 on ChromeOS 90.0.4430.100 to access the external SD card (i.e. only internal storage is visible to Kodi).

Update: I managed to find a way to get access to the external SD card in Kodi:
  1. In ChromeOS go to Settings, Device, Storage Management, External storage preferences
  2. Set access toggle to 'On' for the external SD card(s) you want to be accessible in Android apps
  3. Start Kodi
  4. Go to File Manager
  5. Select 'Add source'
  6. Select '<None>' and press enter. Type /storage in dialogue box
  7. Press OK to add source
  8. Next, when using this source, you'll also see the external SD card as an option (with its long identifier)
The same procedure can be applied to add an external SD card as source for Music, Pictures and/or Video media via 'Add Music...', and similar.
Hope this message helps others to enjoy Android Kodi on ChromeOS too.
Thank you, this works perfectly on my chromebook.    Once you add the source "/storage" and get the identifier, you can then edit the source to go directly to the directory (/storage/"long identifier").

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SDCARD Access on Chromebooks?0