Raspberry Pi DVB TV μHAT - Official GPIO HAT adds a DVB-T/T2 Tuner to Raspberry Pi
(2018-11-09, 22:59)docwra Wrote:
(2018-11-09, 13:27)noggin Wrote:
(2018-11-09, 13:25)docwra Wrote: Sorry I find the TVheadend UI rather confusing Smile is there a particular tab where I can see that info?

I tried looking at VLC stats but no dropped packets that I saw in 5min test but maybe thats something different.   

Yes - posted here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2788370 (A couple of posts higher)   
Thanks, i've started to see again Smile Followed a stream for about 5mins and got 12 "continuity errors". Any ideas if that's normally to be expected or if that could be the cause of the green blocks?

SNR 24ish and Signal strength -37 

I don't know if the SNR and Strength are accurate (some drivers don't implement that so well - but as Sony wrote the Pi uHAT drivers I suspect they are good) but what are the other error figures in the streams page?

Mine all sit on 0 pretty much all the time - so that suggests your signal isn't error-free - which means that there are errors in the MPEG2 transport stream - which will probably mean the video and audio streams have errors in them. Different platforms will conceal or show these errors in different ways.  

When you see glitches - are these around the time the error count changes?
Just to confirm it is my signal strength that is causing the green blocks every so often. Its the same on another USB DVB-T adapter I have tested.

I'm not quite sure how to fix it as I already have a booster on the ariel and testing direct on my TV the signal is fine, I'm thinking you might be right @tjay260476 about the signal being too strong perhaps. Not sure I want to spend another tenner fixing it though!
Suggest taking the booster off, and see what happens.....
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
Have found this on Mod My Pi's website: 

At £8.99, it is the finishing touch to a full HTPC - with the added bonus of taking not much space!

EDIT: Found this for the Pi Zero: 

For £7.99 (Double YAY!)
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
Have you tried checking for sources of interference?
I drastically reduced my continuity counter errors in the tvheadend web interface (that gave green glitches on screen), by turning off bluetooth and wifi on my raspberry pi.
I disabled bt and wifi by adding:
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-wifi
to /boot/config.txt
but then I was running tvheadend on raspbian through ethernet only.
If that didn't work or wasn't possible to tryout, then are there any other possible sources of interference?
If your tvheadend server and kodi client are on separate pi's or devices then could it there be a weak wifi signal between them?
These are good cases from ModMyPi - I have the 3B+ one myself.
But I found that it encloses the pi and tuner without much ventilation.
Any heat the cpu generates won't dissipate.
It's probably ok it most cases as the cpu doesn't throttle for most tv viewing scenarios.
A small low profile heatsink on the cpu won't hurt.

I discovered recently that the flirc aluminium case has a gap underneath for a GPIO ribbon cable to pass through so will be looking at attaching the tuner to that...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi DVB TV μHAT - Official GPIO HAT adds a DVB-T/T2 Tuner to Raspberry Pi0