Suggestion for missing API methods: Files.Delete and VideoLibrary.RemoveMovieFiles
The way I use Kodi on my Vero4K in combination with my NAS is the following:

NAS downloads movies.
Kodi adds to library.
NAS fills up.
User frees up space by removing files through Kodi context menu > Delete > Confirm. This currently also removes from library.

I would like to be able to delete the files through Kodi, but KEEP the library information. So that Kodi keeps a visual record of what I have ever watched, or was included in the library, even though the files are gone and the movie is obviously no longer playable. Currently the only way to achieve this is to delete the files outside of Kodi, on the NAS. But the disadvantage of that way is that I can only see the filenames and not the Kodi library info to help me decide whether to keep or not.

With API methods for Files.Delete and/or VideoLibrary.RemoveMovieFiles (et al) it would be possible to delete the files but keep the library info. Alternatively, a new optional parameter "KeepLibrary" or "DeleteFilesOnly" for VideoLibrary.RemoveMovieFiles would be good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestion for missing API methods: Files.Delete and VideoLibrary.RemoveMovieFiles0