Cinematographic Skin for Leia (21:9)
Hey

soon Leia is going to be out

Is there any Cinematographic skin that supports Leia ? 

Like ScopeNox in Krypton. ?

Thanks in advance
The default Estuary skin already supported the 21:9 aspect in Kodi 17 Krypton, so Leia will also have support for it.
Some of the other skins also support it, such as Aeon Nox.

@Klojum 

How do you have to set that up ? 

because on my PC the resolution is at a normal of 3840 * 2160 !

So would i need to set up the resolution to  3840 * 1646 ?
When you start Kodi on a 21:9 screen/monitor (like I have, with a 2560x1080 resolution), Kodi will recognize the screen size and the Estuary skin will adjust itself automagically.

Your 4K screen "only" has a 16:9 aspect ratio. I'm pretty sure your monitor will not support a native 21:9 resolution, so the only solution I see for you is to run Kodi in a 21:9-size window, and not fullscreen. Or, get a separate 21:9 monitor on the side..
@Klojum 

I have a 4K Beamer.
so let's say i put the resolution in windows on 3840*1600 , then Estuary should change to 21:9 ? 

What i need to check is if it is possible to set it on 5120×2160 then we would have real 4k .

Or am i mistaking ?
A 4K beamer, is also a 16:9 device. The same applies to a beamer when it comes to resolutions changes. Display devices have a number of supported resolutions. Which exact beamer do you have?

Find out in your beamer's manual which resolutions it supports. I think you will only find 16:9 resolutions. The big problem is that Kodi cannot force your output display into a resolution that a TV/monitor/beamer does not support. It's almost like trying to fit a circle 100% into a square, it'll never happen.

If you want to display 21:9 movies on a 16:9 screen, I would find out if "Vertical Shift" is supported by your Kodi device. If so, you can move the top of the video towards the top of the display, and thus have 1 big black (non-displaying) border at the bottom if the 16:9 screen. If you use a projection screen, you would only have to unwrap it to that 21:9 format. The disadvantage: You only have the upper part of the Kodi GUI in view because Kodi itself remains in 16:9 mode, and controlling Kodi via a smartphone remote app would be necessary. It's a shitty compromise, but you can watch your wide-screen videos.
I have a JVX x7900 right now on a 4m 21:9 screen.

it is indeed a shitty compromise. 

Then i'm better off keeping ScopeNox for the time being. 
Maybe i'd be lucky and someone adapts it for Leia.

What i don't understand , i am not the first one wondering about it . Why isn't there anyone implementing it in a skin ? 

I'm definately no skinner or coder . But my guess it shouldn't be to hard for someont just to add a "button" to switch from 16:9 to 21:9 ? 

Or am i mistaken. ?

I think a lot of people would be happy with that button. Especially since the 21:9 skinning is there in Aeon Nox and Estuary as you said . So it should be doable some how ?
I'm not a coder/skinner either. I have done some other type of programming many moons ago though.

My simplistic assumption is that if you could force a different value for the total_screen_height, you could then align all other skin objects to that value, and 'easily' adjust them accordingly for a 21:9 skin on a 16:9 display. But things are usually never that simple. Either via a button or some other type of switch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cinematographic Skin for Leia (21:9)0