Bug Database Corruption (Movie Information Freezes, Slow-No Thumbs, Movie Play Freezes)
This problem popped up within the last few weeks, after over a year of problem-free enjoyment of Kodi.

I tried cleaning the database, copying and restoring the database files, moving the database to various drives, deleting the database and importing from old copies. Nothing worked.

In desperation I recalled there were dozens of files (.strm, .srt, .mkv, .jpg, .mp4) that had 1980 as either the modification date or the creation date. I moved these out of my movie stores, cleaned the database, and voila, Kodi runs (again) like a dream.

These dates probably happened while I was working on files after a power outage (they are all recently modified files).

So for those of you who are paying attention, this is a bug, and a temporary fix.

LC
Just as an update, I used freeware SetFileDate to update the create, modified and accessed dates for all the 1980 files, reloaded them into the movie stores, ran an update, and Kodi works fine. So it does seem to be the dates and nothing particular about the files themselves.

LC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Database Corruption (Movie Information Freezes, Slow-No Thumbs, Movie Play Freezes)0