install 32bit on 64bit AMD system ?
Malloc, so you're running 64bit yourself now? The reason why I tell everybody not to run it is that previously no developers were using it, and bugs that devs don't personally experience are much lower priority to fix.
rodalpho: yup, i run 64-bit. When I came on I was the only one doing so, and as far as I know, I still am. That's why I say I'd be happy to make an unsupported .deb file. That's not to say that bugs won't get fixed, they just might not get fixed as fast as they would for 32-bit systems because I'm the only one that can.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
AMD64 packages are available on the SVN PPA !!!

You might encounter some issues when playing some media, cause the codecs might not have been converted yet. Please report any bug you find.

Use PasteBin to give your logs (/var/tmp/xbmc.log) .
See my signature to know about pastebin.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Want a clean no-ads paste bin? http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/
wattazoum Wrote:AMD64 packages are available on the SVN PPA !!!

You might encounter some issues when playing some media, cause the codecs might not have been converted yet. Please report any bug you find.

What is the deb link?

I just added "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ubuntu hardy main" and do not see anything specific to 64bit in the pkg mgr.

thx
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Affini Wrote:What is the deb link?

I just added "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ubuntu hardy main" and do not see anything specific to 64bit in the pkg mgr.

thx

He he !

In fact the packages manager detects your CPU and only show the packages available for it. So if you use Ubuntu 64bit, if you see a package, it's an amd64 package compatible.

You won't be able to see some information telling you that it's a amd64 deb, but the fact that it exist in Synaptic on a Ubuntu 64bit system is the proof that the packages are 64.

problem...
terminal window:

Quote:The XBMC_HOME environment variable is not set.
Fatal error encountered, aborting
Error log at /usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.log
Aborted

... no log was created.

I have rebooted, several times, same issue.
Don't launch /usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin

Launch /usr/bin/xbmc

wattazoum Wrote:AMD64 packages are available on the SVN PPA !!!

Thank you so ****** much I LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it works like a charm Smile

happy happy day for me thank you a million times Smile
thx for the help... got it running... now to test!
i have 1 problem tho thats prob my own fault. Anyway as soon as i go Full Screen my sound goes out of sync.

and iam just playing regular Xvid movies, Well they are RAR:ed but still the sound shouldnt go out of sync.

Any ideas ?
malloc, I've been running 64bit for about a month now. I built most of the libs (probably not the right way) but everything I actually use works aside for auth. fails in last.fm (I haven't investigated it). If you need anything tested hit me on IRC.
mulpac Wrote:I found that the image viewer in XBMC does not work for me on my AMD64 Gutsy. When running 32-bit Gutsy it works, so it seems the images are handled by XBMC. A little bit strange, since listening to mp3 and watching movies work. I installed it by downloading the i386 deb's from http://ppa.launchpad.net and then run "getlibs /usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin" I tried uninstalling libsdl1.2 libsdl-gfx1.2 libsdl-image1.2 and ia32-libs and then ran getlibs /usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin again and it downloaded a lot of libraries, but then got stuck on libX11.so.6: captury and when running xbmc it says "error while loading shared libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". In /usr/lib I have
1,1M -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1,1M 2007-10-05 02:08 /usr/lib/libX11.so.6.2.0
0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 2008-04-08 17:40 /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 -> libX11.so.6.2.0
so I do not know why it says "No such file", but it might be wrong architecture or something like that.
After letting aptitude install all missing libraries to fulfill the dependencies again, I am back to square one where xbmc works, except image viewer. No previews in the image folders either. Anybody knows what libraries are needed for the image viewer and if there is something I can try to (re)install to get it working?

Hi, I'm having the same problem with the viewing images too. No album art, photos or movie thumbnails show up in XBMC...

My system is AMD64 Ubuntu 8.04, using yesterdays SVN.

Can anyone help please?
Yes, report it as a bug when our tracker comes back online.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
install 32bit on 64bit AMD system ?0