Android Jetstream 4K Ultra - Android TV Oreo / Engel EN1015K Android TV Pie
Using a 1080i mpeg2 clip with a horizontal scrolling ticker, it's jerky and not smooth.

Tested with Live Channels + tvheadend
Tested with Live Channels + hdhomerun
Tested with Kodi
Lon Seidman's review: 

(2018-11-23, 11:06)floydcohen Wrote: Using a 1080i mpeg2 clip with a horizontal scrolling ticker, it's jerky and not smooth.

Tested with Live Channels + tvheadend
Tested with Live Channels + hdhomerun
Tested with Kodi
Thanks, was about to buy it until i saw this!
How's the wifi on this? Mi box user and am curious if it's any better on ac WiFi. I only manage to get about 150 Mbps on the Mi box when my full speed is 200 Mbps. Anybody with this ever tried testing the wifi speeds that has good internet speeds?
Has anything changed with this box? Is it true it is treble compatible? I see it had some issues a few months ago. Is a firestick 4k a better buy?
(2019-03-31, 18:12)Xplorer4x4 Wrote: Has anything changed with this box? Is it true it is treble compatible? I see it had some issues a few months ago. Is a firestick 4k a better buy?

Nothing has changed.  It works well, but I like my Firestick 4K better.  I have an older AV Receiver that only has older Dolby Digital.  With an Amazon device I can change Dolby settings, not with this one.  Also, when I turn it on it flashes a green screen rapidly over the video for about 30 seconds.  Since this doesn't seem to be very popular, there isn't a lot of information on the internet to find solutions unlike any Amazon device.  I ran out of space pretty quickly on this thing and moving everything over to a USB stick caused a lot of problems.  I just got a U3 Micro SD Card that I'm going to try after reformatting this device.

I really like the Android TV user interface better than Amazon, but I just have zero issues with any of my Amazon sticks/boxes.  The Firestick 4K is my favorite device so far.
I just got one of these boxes at Walmart and I cant seem to make it get any real speed either via WiFi or Hardwired to the Ethernet Port I have a 400MBS Connection at home and I get at most 20down and 25 up any ideas?

I have an iMac and have been wanting to render from VLC to the Box and no luck there either.

sorry for the 2 questions on one post
(2019-08-15, 14:13)raycanales Wrote: I just got one of these boxes at Walmart and I cant seem to make it get any real speed either via WiFi or Hardwired to the Ethernet Port I have a 400MBS Connection at home and I get at most 20down and 25 up any ideas?

I have an iMac and have been wanting to render from VLC to the Box and no luck there either.

sorry for the 2 questions on one post

The ethernet on this device is a 10/100mbps adapter, so you should get better speeds via WiFi.  I have a 300mbps internet connection but my Jetstream only gets around 120 sitting very close to the router...not great. You should still be getting better than 20 down.  I would try disconnecting all networked devices, turning off the modem, router and any extenders and try again.
MOD: Edit to make the previous wall of text human readable !

Got this box about 2 weeks ago from Walmart to replace my ageing proprietary WD TV Live player, almost returned it, but thankfully I kept it. 
I am an Apple iOS/Mac OSX user primarily except for using Windows modestly at work and Android for my Kids Amazon Fire Tablets.

My knowledge of Android is nearly non existent and historically I struggle to figure out how it works most of the time as I am used to the iOS interface.  After a few days of tinkering with it, I finally started understanding how it works but it was a very bumpy road for someone like me who might except things to be ready to go out of the box. 

I do not need the fast streaming capabilities that people seem to be very interested in. I literally want only a TV media box that I can attach 2 USB hard drives to, will organize all of my media files cleanly/neatly via metadata from the internet, will stream to iOS devices using DLNA within my own LAN network, and will not constantly complain about the internet being down or non existent. 
For my situation, this media device is for a vacation home where hardline unlimited internet is unfortunately not an option and personal hotspotting my iPhone is only a temporary viable option to avoid my data from getting throttled.  After a lot of frustration and time/effort, I got everything working as it needs to be. 

Biggest annoyances are that you have to dig around on user forums to figure out what apps to use for your particular situation even for something as basic as what I was looking for.  I wanted to do Plex originally but that requires a computer/server to be powered on and managed all of the time so I was able to come up with using the Kodi app as a solution.

This is a wonderful device and the Kodi app rocks, however, both Android and Kodi still have a LONG road ahead of them if they ever want to start making things appeal to non tech savy people. 
This box and Kodi itself are great for experienced tech savy people but if you fall outside of any level of experience or tech savyness with both Android and Kodi you are in for a long ride of experimenting with settings galore and digging around on the internet researching issues to find a sea of almost endless answers/possible solutions.
Overall, I would recommend this device and Kodi but beware you WILL spend a lot of time getting it to work.
As a follow up - it appears the Jetstream 4K Ultra is now being sold in Europe as the Engel EN1015K with an updated Android TV Pie 9.0 OS release.

See the updated AndroidPCTV - Engel EN1015K Review (click)

(2019-10-13, 14:37)wrxtasy Wrote: As a follow up - it appears the Jetstream 4K Ultra is now being sold in Europe as the Engel EN1015K with an updated Android TV Pie 9.0 OS release.

See the updated AndroidPCTV - Engel EN1015K Review (click)

Hopefully that means the Jetstream will be getting Pie soon too.  I really like the Android TV OS significantly more than Fire TV.  I like both, but feel the Firestick 4K just has better video quality.  I have both connected and use the Jetstream more, but use the Firestick when watching a high quality movie or show.  Hopefully the Pie update improves things a bit.
can somebody help me I need firmware jetstream agt418 PLS
I think it is also sold as Strong SRT 202EMATIC in Czech
Well this device is still getting support from it's Manufacturer SDMC and all Jetstream / Engel devices have been updated to Android TV Pie v9.0 (click)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jetstream 4K Ultra - Android TV Oreo / Engel EN1015K Android TV Pie0