Solved Not saving bookmark for resume
If I am watching a recording and stop playback, the point in the recording is not bookmarked for resuming.  I'm pretty sure it used to work, but it does not seem to work in 5.8.7 or 5.8.10.  I'm not sure if it's a bug in pvr.mythtv or just a setting that I've got wrong.  I'm just looking for some advice on what I should look at.  Is a debug log needed?
Checking my log, seems there is a critical issue at least in 18.0-beta4: When I enter in recording screen PVR is calling in loop GetLastPlayedPosition() , spamming the backend :-( with 100 queries by seconds. To stop it I have to exit the screen.
Also, I confirmed this new issue with 18.0-beta4:  PVR no longer calls SetRecordingLastPlayedPosition() on stopping playback.
The related code in addon hasn't been updated, so issue is caused by recent change in PVR. Also it spams the network and the backend looping for request to get last played position when you enter in recordings screen. No good...
Confirming the GetRecordingLastPlayedPosition spam. I will see what I can do about that. Not new with Beta 4, btw. The problem exists since the alphas...

Cannot reproduce SetRecordingLastPlayedPosition not being called, sorry. Works here on different systems.

BTW: it's pure luck that I have read this. You guys should file bugs as soon as you think you found a Kodi pvr core bug. Otherwise there are good chances that I never will notice.
@ksooo, It is really strange: After restarting Kodi there is no more spam. It no longer loops for instance and the behavior is like awaiting: calling GetRecordingLastPosition on scrolling only.
@ksooo, the issue occurs when addon has capability bSupportsLastPlayedPosition. In this case PVR should call SetRecordingLastPlayedPosition.
For the moment I can't investigate the issue, but I guess the capability couldn't be handle as before.
@ksooo , I can create a bug report for this so that there is traceability.  Do you prefer it on github?
https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv/issues

I posted here first because I wanted to make sure it wasn't a configuration issue on my end before reporting it.
@ksooo, it seems the issue is caused by a zero bookmark from kodi =>CSaveFileState.DoWork(item, bookmark, updatePlayCount). The original call is done by VideoPlayer.
@janbar would it be better for me to add this as an issue on github?  Or is this an issue with Kodi rather than pvr.mythtv?  I haven't tried beta5 yet.
This is an issue with Kodi. I explained above why the bookmark is no longer saved. It seems VideoPlayer send a bookmark with value 0.
Fixed in 5.8.19
Thanks @janbar !  I just did a basic test and it worked as expect.  I will post if I notice any unexpected behavior.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not saving bookmark for resume0