• 1(current)
Beta Up Next
Introducing Up Next

Up Next is a replacement for my previous Next Up addon, in essence it does the same but the big difference is the addon can now easily integrate with other video addons bypassing the dependency on having to have episodes in your local kodi database.

There are four possible windows that may be shown, two versions of the up next window (fancy/simple) and two versions of the still watching window (fancy/simple)

Up Next Fancy (Default)

Up Next Simple

Still Watching Fancy (Default)

Still Watching Simple

Currently this is still in BETA and I would appreciate testing with feedback reported. Note only the native kodi database is supported along with these video addons 

Install

As this is not yet submitted to the Kodi repo please install the latest release version (assure to uninstall the old next up addon if it is installed), the following skins have custom windows.

Report a Bug

Any issues look here

Developers
  • For Video Addon Developers looking to integrate look here 
  • For Skinners please look here

Thanks

Big thanks to @sualfred for helping out with the skinning of the four default windows, and to both @null_pointer and @angelblue05 for adding integration to their addons along with helping nail down all issues with the new addon integration mode.

Hope you enjoy it and look forward to your feedback.
Now's a good time to ask for a progress label/bar based on the time remaining?

eg if set to appear at 30 seconds

30secs=100%
15secs=50%
etc

Thanks.
I've just been testing this for a while and it's brilliant. A giant leap forward from your other plugin.

Just an idea, but having the option to have it either at the top of the screen or bottom may be useful. Very little of interest is usually at the bottom of the screen (unless you use subtitles), so it would be less intrusive.

I haven't got as far as "still watching" yet. What happens when you don't respond? Does it just show a still from the last played episode with the still watching banner on it? Just wondering as next up at the screen which it sat on until you selected an option.
(2018-10-21, 22:20)Hitcher Wrote: Now's a good time to ask for a progress label/bar based on the time remaining?

eg if set to appear at 30 seconds

30secs=100%
15secs=50%
etc

Thanks.
Good idea, I'll look into it. This addon now has a max time of 60 seconds for the popup to appear before the end so it will probably be a lot easier to implement.
(2018-10-22, 00:21)RossL87 Wrote: I've just been testing this for a while and it's brilliant. A giant leap forward from your other plugin.

Just an idea, but having the option to have it either at the top of the screen or bottom may be useful. Very little of interest is usually at the bottom of the screen (unless you use subtitles), so it would be less intrusive.

I haven't got as far as "still watching" yet. What happens when you don't respond? Does it just show a still from the last played episode with the still watching banner on it? Just wondering as next up at the screen which it sat on until you selected an option.
Awesome thanks for the feedback, when you do not respond to a 'Still Watching' request it will not automatically play the next episode. That is the theory anyway...needs to be tested properly to confirm. Possibly an option to have it bottom or top could be done but that is more down to individual skinners. I chose to have it coming from the top as it seems to be the least evasive, but as mentioned I'm sure skinners will come up with various different options
@Hitcher the latest version now has the countdown progress control you requested, see the wiki for details of the controls and first post for a screenshot.
delete
(2018-10-22, 20:36)im85288 Wrote: @Hitcher the latest version now has the countdown progress control you requested, see the wiki for details of the controls and first post for a screenshot.
 Nice one, thanks.

EDIT: Did a quick test and the progress bar works fine unless you happen to seek past the initial start time of the notification when instead of the bar starting part way through it starts fully at 100%.
Im on kod i 18 beta 3.......embuary skin.......nvidia shield and I can't get this to work
(2018-10-22, 21:22)jrod10133 Wrote: does this work on kodi 18 beta3 on a nvidia shield tv with the aeon nox silvo skin?
 I have tested on kodi 18 beta 2 on nvidia shield with both Estuary and Embuary....so it should work. Any issues see how to report a bug
(2018-10-23, 03:47)Firetv344 Wrote: Im on kod i 18 beta 3.......embuary skin.......nvidia shield and I can't get this to work
 Same as answer as above, you can report this in the embuary skin thread as both @sualfred  and I have tested this quite a lot....but for me only with beta 2
(2018-10-22, 22:44)Hitcher Wrote: EDIT: Did a quick test and the progress bar works fine unless you happen to seek past the initial start time of the notification when instead of the bar starting part way through it starts fully at 100%. 
 Cool, didn't think of that scenario....I have an idea maybe how to resolve it.

EDIT - Please try the latest version to see if this resolves it
I'm running it on my dev devices + HTPC. With the Emby for Kodi in native and addon playback method + EmbyCon. No issues at all.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Just to be sure:
Emby users (no matter if "Emby for Kodi" or "EmbyCon") have to use the beta versions of the addons. 
They are available in the beta repository of Emby. 

Please also be sure that the next episode is unwatched. This is how Up Next works by default. To include unwatched episodes you have to enable it first in the service addon settings.

If it still doesn't work:
Please do @im85288 a favour and post your log. You guys know the rules: Log or it didn't happen Smile
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Sorry I have not yet tried the addon but it is exactly what I'm looking for minus the popup. I'm curious is there an option to get the next episodes to default play without a popup at all? with the exception of still watching? popup that is.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Up Next1