Correct naming and scraper settings for BDMV folders
I have a lot of movies that are ripped to produce the BDMV folders. Converting them to mkv would be a pain.

After copying these folders into my movie library now I have a zillion movies that have been identified by the scraper as 'Stream'

What is the correct folder structure for such movies? The main folder is named correctly with the movie name and year. Inside it are subfolders with a folder called 'BDMV' and another called certificate or something. And a couple levels deeper lie the video (.m2ts) files which are in a subfolder called 'Stream'

How does one get Kodi to correctly identify such movies?

The kodi wiki also explains it quite superficially. It also suggests that recursive folder scanning be set to on from the scraper which results in the scraper picking the video file inside the folder called 'Stream' and taking that to be the movie title.
Most of my titles are file structure inside of an iso but I have a couple that were left raw without a container for testing (like yours).  I have no problems scanning either in or scraping metadata.  You have something else wrong imo.  Turn off recursive when scanning in.  My file structure is:

MOVIE1 HDD
MOVIE1 Folder
NAME of MOVIE Folder
BDMV File Structure OR Name of Movie.iso
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-10-22, 16:34)extremeaudio Wrote: After copying these folders into my movie library now I have a zillion movies that have been identified by the scraper as 'Stream'
Usually means you have the index.bdmv file missing. Without this file, it is not a bluray folder. Kodi sees it as just folders with video files in them. How did you originally rip the blurays?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
You can create a .bat file and run it to see exactly how proper file structure is laid out.  Here is code:

rem --------------
 mkdir BDMV
 mkdir CERTIFICATE
 cd BDMV
 mkdir AUXDATA
 mkdir BACKUP
 mkdir BDJO
 mkdir CLIPINF
 mkdir JAR
 mkdir META
 mkdir PLAYLIST
 mkdir STREAM
 cd BACKUP
 mkdir BDJO
 mkdir CLIPINF
 mkdir JAR
 mkdir PLAYLIST
 pause
 rem --------------
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Correct naming and scraper settings for BDMV folders0