Android Google asistant in Kodi Leia 18 final version
Hello everyone,
I amnew registered here. I have the next question to Kodi members or someone that could know that. When the first alpha version from Kodi Leia appeared it was amazing hat the "big new " was that the final version would come with google assistant support (google home, google assistant...) but now, seeing that the posted new versions seem that has not suport, I am a little afraid of the final version does not come with this support.
Could someone tell me if would come with this support?
I guess it would be very interesting to have your google home (google assistant or whatsever) and you can speak to your kodi (english, german...).
I know that exist some addons that o similar things but is not the same that is being implemented naturally by Kodi. SO I hpe that could be implemented.
I wait for any news.
Thank you very much in advance.
Kind regards,
Wallker
Who said or wrote that Kodi would come with "Google Assistant support"?  The blog Kodi v18 for Android features voice-to-text support (voice-typing) which relies on Google Voice Search:

https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-v18-android...ice-typing

So here you need to understand that "Google Voice Search" (also known as "Google Search by Voice" and "Google Voice Action") is not the same thing as "Google Assistant support":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Voice_Search

In this context "Google Voice Search" as available in Kodi just enable you to do a voice-to-text search for data upon entering information on what to search into the device by speaking.

[EDIT]: There is however an unofficial third-party tool available that could let you control Kodi with Google Assistant, checkout => https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=314096
Here you are some examples:

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/kodi...te-3390394

or

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-next-...-assistant

I knowthe difference of google assistant and google voice...
I assume you’re referring to this https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-v18-leia-story-so-far

This simply means that Kodi can be controlled by Google Assistant when installed on a AndroidTV device that already has Google Assistant built in, for example the Nvidia Shield.
(2018-10-31, 22:35)jjd-uk Wrote: I assume you’re referring to this https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-v18-leia-story-so-far
 Missed that article myself before, and reading it now I can very much understand how someone would think that Kodi now included integrated Google Assistant support just from this sentence:

"We now also include Google Assistant out of the box so theoretically you don’t have to pick up the remote anymore."

That sentence can in fact not be true; Kodi does not include "include Google Assistant out of the box", instead Kodi running on Android TV supports taking commands from Google Assistant.

That also in the blog even features Google Assistant logo so it I understand that would not be hard to misinterpret that as in Kodi now featuring integrated Google Assistant support.

[EDIT]: Probably a good idea to rephrase the wording in that sentence a whole lot to make it clear what Kodi supports, what Kodi on Android TV supports, and what Kodi does not support.
The information that I have read until now is that the Kodi Leia (in it´s inal version) will release support with google assistant if the place (tv, table...) has installed google assistant. For instance, in other places like a pc running windows 10 should be instaled previously another option (paid options maybe...?, in the future something with cortana...?)
That is what I understood until now...
Kind regards
Does Kodi Leia now supports playing music from Kodi to my Google Home Mini via GVA? Something along the lines of "Hey google play The Beatles from Kodi"?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2019-03-21, 03:34)steve1977 Wrote: Does Kodi Leia now supports playing music from Kodi to my Google Home Mini via GVA? Something along the lines of "Hey google play The Beatles from Kodi"?
 No.  What is support is if you have an Android TV with Google Assistant built-in support then you can use that Google Assistant running on that same Android TV to control Kodi. Similarly, if you have an Android tablet with Google Assistant support built-in then you can use that Google Assistant running on that same Android tablet to control Kodi.
(2019-03-22, 15:52)RockerC Wrote:
(2019-03-21, 03:34)steve1977 Wrote: Does Kodi Leia now supports playing music from Kodi to my Google Home Mini via GVA? Something along the lines of "Hey google play The Beatles from Kodi"?
 No.  What is support is if you have an Android TV with Google Assistant built-in support then you can use that Google Assistant running on that same Android TV to control Kodi. Similarly, if you have an Android tablet with Google Assistant support built-in then you can use that Google Assistant running on that same Android tablet to control Kodi. 
 It can be done, using this method.

https://github.com/OmerTu/GoogleHomeKodi

I opted to use method B2 to run a local webserver.  So I used a redundant Raspberry Pi Model B as the server.  It works really well, I can control 5 Kodi clients from any Google Home enabled device or any device running the Google Home app.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Hi. I am having some trouble with my firestick. I set up Kodi 18, but when I try to stream a movie, it won't let me. Also, the set up is completely confusing than when I had 17.6. I then tried to see if I could go back to 17.6, but it won't let me. I don't know what to do!!!! What can I do to have it where I was streamlining movies again?
(2019-03-23, 12:33)speedwell68 Wrote:
(2019-03-22, 15:52)RockerC Wrote:

I opted to use method B2 to run a local webserver.  So I used a redundant Raspberry Pi Model B as the server.  It works really well, I can control 5 Kodi clients from any Google Home enabled device or any device running the Google Home app. 
Great, thanks for sharing. Does this also allow you to play music from Kodi to Google Home? I'd love to use my Plex library as my backbone for music on my Google Home devices. Feasible with this solution?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
This was surprisingly easy to solve..

Sony android TV (built in google assistant)
Kodi 18.2 23 march nightly (may work with previous versions?)

Assign the up / down prg buttons to activate voice-to-text search in the virtual keyboard

1. Paste this into notepad:

<keymap><virtualkeyboard><keyboard><key id="61572">VoiceRecognizer</key><key id="61573">VoiceRecognizer</key></keyboard></virtualkeyboard></keymap>

2. Rename the file as this (must remove extension .txt):

gen.xml

3. FTP it to here:

/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/keymaps

So now voice search will work by pressing either up or down prog key whilst in the virtual keyboard in any app.

Of course, this will only work if your remote key id's are the same - My remote is SONY_TV_RC_MIC_001 (054C 0BE8)

If yours doesn't work then use kodi's keymap editor program addon to discover your key id number and replace in gen.xml file
(2019-03-24, 02:12)steve1977 Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 12:33)speedwell68 Wrote:
(2019-03-22, 15:52)RockerC Wrote:  No.  What is support is if you have an Android TV with Google Assistant built-in support then you can use that Google Assistant running on that same Android TV to control Kodi. Similarly, if you have an Android tablet with Google Assistant support built-in then you can use that Google Assistant running on that same Android tablet to control Kodi.  

Great, thanks for sharing. Does this also allow you to play music from Kodi to Google Home? I'd love to use my Plex library as my backbone for music on my Google Home devices. Feasible with this solution?  
 If you had GH speaker as a Bluetooth receiver then yes.  GH isn't actually "aware" of Kodi, you can't add Kodi as a device inside your Home.  All that is happening is IFTTT is hearing a command from GH and then sending that command to a webhooks server which sends the command to the relevant end point, in this case Kodi.

I have given each Kodi client a name.  The RPI 3+ in the Living Room is called Barry, the RPI 2 in my Bedroom is called Gideon, my Eldest daughter's RPI B is called Benedict and my youngest Daughter's is called Roxy.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
ok cancel that fix...

Just hold and longpress the centre button on the remote.. same thing happens
(2019-03-25, 00:06)jamescraig81 Wrote: Just hold and longpress the centre button on the remote.. same thing happens

Cool  Wonder if it's in the wiki's somewhere?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google asistant in Kodi Leia 18 final version0