• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Apple Movie Trailers Lite (formerly AMT II) Plugin
You probably know but I just wanted to say that by updating to the SVN version made it work for me Smile

Thanks for the excellent plugin.

EDIT:
Actually, it didn't work as good as I expected Tongue

1) I think that the "video quality" selected in the plugin setting should work more like "preferred video quality". For instance, I prefer 1080p and so I have that option selected. But this doesn't list all the items available. Maybe the plugin wasn't able to get all movies in 1080p, maybe some movies don't even have 1080p trailers. It doesn't matter the reason, but if the plugin can't get a 1080p trailer, it should try to get the 720p version, if not, the 480p and so on... I prefer 1080p video quality, but if there's no way Apple Movie Trailers II can show that quality for a specific movie, I don't mind seeing in a lower quality, I just don't want to miss on any movie trailer.

2) Now, I had to actually use 720p quality cause 1080p videos are not playing... If I have "download and save" a .tbn and .m4v file is saved to the disk, but the video file is very small like 2Kb and if I tray to play again, the video won't play at all. It's not being downloaded. If I stream the videos, it will give an error: "Playlist playback aborted. Too many consecutive failed items". This only happens for 1080p trailers, 720p seems to be working just fine...

3) Is it possible to add an option to "download, save and stream" at the same time? I like the idea to download and save the trailers on the HDD so that when a friend comes over and I want to show him a trailer, I don't need to waste bandwidth in downloading it again. But it kinda sucks that the first time I get a trailer, I need to wait it finishes to download before start watching it... It could be nice to start downloading/buffering, then start playing and at the same time, save the file to the disk for later replaying.

4) There are situations, in the middle of a streaming trailer, where it exits the trailer and I have to start over... For instance, I'm viewing a trailer and in the middle it pauses and starts buffering the rest of the movie, if I press a key to rewind a little, it just exits the trailer.

5) I don't know where I read this and which plugin was it for whatever application but it was a nice idea... Which is, download the trailers in the background and whenever we want, we just click on a trailer and start watching it. No need to buffer, no need to download in that moment, cause it was already downloaded. This could have an option to only keep the last X trailers and then start deleting automatically the oldest ones.

Other than these issues, it works fine Rofl
1. not with the files i use
2. 1080p is experimental, but works for me to download and play
3. i don't think so
4. not a plugin issue, maybe file a trac with a link to a video that does this
5. same as 3. not sure, neat idea, but not sure.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
1) What do you mean by "not with the files i use"? I'm talking about the files (trailers) on the Apple website, if you opt by 1080p or 720p, not all video trailers will be listed as if you select "standard" quality or go directly to the apple site.

2) It is not for me Sad

3 & 5) Why not? Because of XBMC's architecture it's not possible to do so at the moment?
Nice work. I can't believe I've only just discovered this to replace the currently broken (with a SVN windows build anyway) script.

One thing that got me a bit confused being used to the script, and correct me if I'm wrong, was that "Save" does not change the action when hitting enter/play, it only affects choosing "Download Trailer" from the context menu.

It would be great if the default action could somehow check for a downloaded trailer and use that instead of streaming it when available.

Another related feature is it would be great if you could specify two different qualities, one for streaming, and one for downloading. That way you could stream say a "Standard" version and then download only certain trailers you want to see again in a "720p" version.

The suggested feature of simultaneously streaming and saving, would be the ideal if it's at all possible, though I can't imagine XBMC has support for this sort of file operation atm?
the amt script runs fine in windows.

the download modes should download and play when selected and does check for an exiting trailer if you have that setting checked.
Can you remove Apple Movie Trailer 2 from SVN since lite is suppose to replace it ? Bit confusing having two .. Smile
it is removed.
Been trying to reduce the resolution of the Standard option in the py....I know, time warner provides a pitiful connection. Haven't been able to quite figure out how to move this standard resolution option to apple trailer's minimum resolution of 320x172 (h.320.mov). When I use the old Apple Movie Trailer script, I am able to stream well using this lowest setting, so I assume the result would also be good if I am able to make this change to Apple Movie Trailers II/Lite. Thanks
the minimum rez for this plugin is standard.
what is "standard" in terms of resolution? At apple.com/trailers, the standard definition files are low, medium, and high quality. I would like to be able to change the standard definition to the lowest quality.
Is there a way to make the "Home Theater" plugin from the AMT script work with AMT Lite? AMT seems to be broken and I'd really like to use Home Theater.
Nazgulled Wrote:1) I think that the "video quality" selected in the plugin setting should work more like "preferred video quality". For instance, I prefer 1080p and so I have that option selected. But this doesn't list all the items available. Maybe the plugin wasn't able to get all movies in 1080p, maybe some movies don't even have 1080p trailers. It doesn't matter the reason, but if the plugin can't get a 1080p trailer, it should try to get the 720p version, if not, the 480p and so on... I prefer 1080p video quality, but if there's no way Apple Movie Trailers II can show that quality for a specific movie, I don't mind seeing in a lower quality, I just don't want to miss on any movie trailer.
Once again, isn't this possible at all? I think this plugin is kinda pointless without such a feature... I mean, if I use it to keep myself updated with the newest films out there, I'll miss a few because the plugin can't get all trailers available. I rather open the apple trailers page directly in the browser and watch them from there, this way I'm sure not to loose any trailer... But of course, it's more convenient to do it in XBMC.
Im sorry if this question is already answered but i couldn't find it.

Where does it save your favorites?
the plugin doesn't have that feature.
How do you set the plugin setting for video quality? All I ever get is the standard def trailer (and I know they have 1080p ones since if I go to the apple.com/trailers website they are listed there).

Thanks
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Apple Movie Trailers Lite (formerly AMT II) Plugin2