Mirror what I am watching on another screen
I have kodi installed on my Sony X900E, I would like to get a 2nd TV in the kitchen where I would like to watch a mirror of what is on the same screen (so I am not missing the film while I am cooking). What are my options?

I have tried to search but finding a lot of people trying to get stream different instances of kodi to different TV's not mirror exactly what is on the screen.

For the 2nd TV, I am open to a smart TV, dumb TV with android box/chromecast etc.. or one of the new smart displays or anything else.

Thanks all
(2018-10-27, 15:43)Luckytoke Wrote: I have kodi installed on my Sony X900E, I would like to get a 2nd TV in the kitchen where I would like to watch a mirror of what is on the same screen (so I am not missing the film while I am cooking). What are my options?

I have tried to search but finding a lot of people trying to get stream different instances of kodi to different TV's not mirror exactly what is on the screen.

For the 2nd TV, I am open to a smart TV, dumb TV with android box/chromecast etc.. or one of the new smart displays or anything else.

Thanks all

Easiest solution is probably an external Kodi box, and HDMI splitter, and a wireless, Cat5 or IP, HDMI extender to the second TV (the splitter will be cheap, the extender may not be)?   Doing this in the software domain is likely to be trickier I suspect.
Ok thanks I am able to use a Kodi box if needed, any recommendations on Wireless HDMI splitters? If anyone else has some software options I am interested to hear!
(2018-10-28, 10:02)Luckytoke Wrote: Ok thanks I am able to use a Kodi box if needed, any recommendations on Wireless HDMI splitters? If anyone else has some software options I am interested to hear!
 I think you'll need two devices. An HDMI splitter (one input from your Kodi box and two outputs, one for the local TV and one for the HDMI Wireless Extender to feed the remote TV) - and a wireless HDMI extender.  I'd look for an HDMI splitter that DOESN'T look at both outputs for EDID, and instead uses the EDID from one output only.  I've bought quite a few splitters from eBay over the years. I can't recommend specific ones as the vendors and models change quite frequently ISTR.

I have no experience of wireless HDMI extenders I'm afraid - other than knowing that they work - but I'd check over what distance.  (Another option would be to use an IP HDMI extender - and either cabled Ethernet, or a PowerLine or MoCa, link between the two locations)

(Another solution might be to synchronise a common SQL database between two Kodi installs - and stop the movie in the living room, and then play it in the kitchen, where it should pick up from where you stopped viewing in the living room?)
I also want to buy a kitchen TV recently. I need a small size TV with a HDMI port. I search the 15 inch TV in the google and find some source here.
Amazon: 15 inch TV , price from 129.99USD
Ebay: 15 inch TV , price from 130USD
Bestbuy: 15 inch TV , price from 120USD to 200USD
GECEY:15 inch TV, price under 100USD
Do you have any experience in buying kithcen TV?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mirror what I am watching on another screen0