v17 Smart Playlists selects wrong genres
Hi!

I'm running Kodi 17.6  with the Amber skin on a Linux Mint 18.3 system. My Kodi manages around 90.000 Songs. Since a few days the Smart Playlist doesn't come out with the songs from the correct genre. F.e. I created a playlist for alle songs of the genre "Smooth Jazz" but the Smart Playlist brings songs from Pop/Rock and several other genres. I'm very accurate in tagging my songs so I know that there are a lot of the genre Smooth Jazz.

Maybe there's a problem with the library and I have to reorganize it. Any idea what I can do to get the correct playlists?

Thanks for help.
Harry
Odd thing to change. Please provide the smart playlist (a .xsp file found in userdata/playlists/music that can be pasted here) and a link to your MyMusic60.db file (via PM for privacy) so I can see what you have in your library.
Hi and thanks for your reply!

Here's my playlist XML:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="songs">
    <name>Smooth Jazz</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="genre" operator="is">
        <value>Smooth Jazz</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

This looks OK for me. The path to my db you'll find in a PM.

Regards
Harry
@HarryF yes the smart playlist is fine, but your genre data in the db is oddly out of sync. Have you used any addons or other tools to set song genre other than genre tags in your music files?
I'm using Kid3 (Linux tool) since years for tagging.

I made another test: I have a second pc with the same Linux and the same Kodi using the same music files. On this system I get exactly the Smooth Jazz songs as I desired. So the tagging seems not to be the cause of the problem.

But something is definitely wrong with my main media pc. Maybe I can solve the problem by deleting the complete database and re-read the songs.
Yes, drop the source, clean the music db, add source should sort out the issue, but I would like to know how the genre data got into the confused state it is in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlists selects wrong genres0