Solved Cannot Connect To Kodi Repository (Fresh Re-Install)
I had a working installation of Kodi 17.6 that suddenly started to have a problem I couldn't resolve so I decided to completely remove the install using AppCleaner and start over again.

Now I'm unable to connect to the Kodi repository. I've spent hours on this searching and trying things to no avail and so I'm really hoping I can find some assistance here to help me get this resolved.

I turned on debug logging and my log is here (hopefully I did that correctly)

I also tried reaching http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/addons.xml.gz.md5 and got the following: a775973d7256e7ff3857291b5319600e addons.xml.gz so I don't think it's network related.

Looking for any help anyone can provide.

Thank you.
Hi, is there not a single suggestion to be made about what to do here? I seem to have read about very similar issues but not exactly the same nor I have seen any solutions to those issues. Perhaps I'm posting in the wrong forum? Could a moderator please move this post to the correct forum if so? I don't want to cross-post out of concern of littering.

Thank you
ok, I finally figured this problem out and this thread could be marked solved.

I noticed that under Settings/System Info/Network that my Internet showed as not connected and yet the iMac Kodi was running on was indeed connected just fine. I then took a look into Little Snitch (the application firewall I run) and noticed that I had 2 rules that had been auto created to deny any inbound and outbound connections to or from Kodi. These rules had been created due to Kodi having an invalid code signature and had the highest priority level (they override any other rule). Turning these rules off fixed my issues (not just this one but the original issue I had...which was also network related once I thought it over...Doh!). Anyway all is good now. Perhaps I'll start another thread on "Little Snitch Denies All Connections in or Out of Kodi Due to Invalid Code Signature" but if not hopefully this little nugget can help somebody else.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot Connect To Kodi Repository (Fresh Re-Install)0