Add videos to library -Do I have to use scrubber?
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I'm new to the forum and haven't had the time to search through everything.

Normally when I play movies, I just select them from the file menu.  I'd like to have the library set up with cover art and such, but the scrubber always adds a ton of movies that aren't actually in my collection.  Is there a way to manually add and delete movies to the library, pick my own cover art etc?
I think you mean scraper rather than scrubber? But yes you do need to use it in some fashion, as it is the scraper which grabs the metadata (information, artwork etc) from their databases, downloads it to your device and links everything up in the library database.

Have a look at the wiki page on setting up your Video library (wiki) and see if that helps, or maybe just open the context menu of the file you want to add and select "add to library" if there aren't too many (I think that's what the option is normally called).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-10-29, 17:26)Maxxarcade Wrote: but the scrubber always adds a ton of movies that aren't actually in my collection.
This indicates you have a problem somewhere, either with file naming or maybe you are using DVD or Bluray folders which are not setup correctly.

A Debug Log which captures a scrape may help.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add videos to library -Do I have to use scrubber?0