Xbox pad after resume
Hi i got a asus m2n-vm hdmi rig. and it's mostly working. As a remote i have a Xbox Controller. i i have tried both the semistable ppa and the svn ppa.
if i go to suspend mode the controller stops working after resuming. it still works in jscontroll and if i shutdown xbmc and restart it it's starts working.

dont know how to fix it one guess is to let xbmc know when you use suspend from xbmc and then rerun the init functions for the controllers.
Search for resume and lirc. There is probably a whole thread on it.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yeah the lirc error seems to be kind of related.
on the lirc side it seems to be a two way problem that the lirc side dies in the os and that irc input layer in xbmc makes some trouble.

in my case it half the problem the input layer in xbmc only since the remote works fine in the host os after resume.

this is somthing that i guess needs som bigger planing in the future.

wich internal xbmc systes get affected after a sleep and resume.
in the never code we can activate sleepmode from xbmc wich means that xbmc is/can be aware of the sleepmode. so we kind of need to know wich systems can be affected and what to do when we wake up.

the patches in the lirc thread seems to be only lirc related, but i guess this is not something we wanted hacked on in many differente small subsystems. maby add some genaral thing that this is what we do when we wake up
The problem is we don't know if we have gone through a sleep wake cycle, unless your using the inbuilt function to trigger it. Though the support for that isn't added to lirc yet.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
exactly i think that we need to depend on the built in function for sleep.
Oh and ocourse that im not using lirc just a ordinary wired xbox gampad.
actually when I was testing the suspend stuff I think its because even though XBMC is fullscreen its not actually the window with focus because when I closed XBMC there was the gnome login prompt to unlock the desktop under it with focus
Yeah i get it like that when i use the powerbutton to suspend xbmc
but not when i use xbmc to make the suspend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox pad after resume0