content listing problem
hi all im not sure if this is a universal problem or not but i run a home media server with my tv shows stored on it.

i use the xbox one version of kodi and i connect via sftp or network browser.

every so often ill have a split episode that has been joined into one file and it messess up things ive encountered two problems.

the episode list is out of order - could also be a problem with file names

second problem I've encountered is on occasion an episode is not listed and i have to navigate the file system and play the missing files that way.

what i was wondering is, is there a way to get kodi to recognise feature length episodes and update the listing as required?
Check your file listing matches what is listed at the scraper site.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-10-30, 19:53)Karellen Wrote: Check your file listing matches what is listed at the scraper site.
ok having done that my situation is this
Quote:for example

both tv.com and the imdb scrapers show the following

show-name/season1/eppisode 1
show-name/season1/eppisode 2

the actual files are listed on my server as
Code:
show-name/season1/eppisode 1 & 2.mp4
show-name/season1/eppisode 3.mp4
But the scrapers are not using tv.com nor imdb, so what they show is completely irrelevant.

Check https://www.thetvdb.com/

Also, your file naming is wrong. See here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-10-30, 21:45)Karellen Wrote: But the scrapers are not using tv.com nor imdb, so what they show is completely irrelevant.

Check https://www.thetvdb.com/

Also, your file naming is wrong. See here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows
ok so i may have to update the scrapers info im confused about how to name the joined file if i understand correctly my file structure should look like this

Quote:/home/username/share/tv/show-name/Season1/S01E01_S01E02.mp4
(2018-10-30, 22:04)yoda2018 Wrote: im confused about how to name the joined file
Don't name the joined file until you know how the episodes are named at the scraper site.

Look up the two episodes and check how they have been numbered. Then name them accordingly. It might be something like this assuming season 2 episode 4 and episode 5...

Warehouse 13 S02E04-05.mkv

You can put whatever numbers you like, but if they don't match up with what is at the scraper site, then it won't work correctly.
My Signature
(2018-10-30, 22:10)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-10-30, 22:04)yoda2018 Wrote: im confused about how to name the joined file
Don't name the joined file until you know how the episodes are named at the scraper site.

Look up the two episodes and check how they have been numbered. Then name them accordingly. It might be something like this assuming season 2 episode 4 and episode 5...

Warehouse 13 S02E04-05.mkv

You can put whatever numbers you like, but if they don't match up with what is at the scraper site, then it won't work correctly.
thanks Karellen ill give it a shot and hopefully it clears up a few things
Sure. Let us know how it works out for you. If you still have trouble, provide the link from TheTVDB site for the two episodes, and I can have a look.

As this is not XBox specific, I will move the thread to metadata scrapers forum.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
content listing problem0