• 1(current)
v18 Kodi 18 Beta 4+5, RC 1+2+3+4+5+18.0Final+18.1RC+18.1Final+18.2
i testet this version on windows 10 with october update:
its more unstable than previous versions. i use kodi with dvbviewer as pvr.
during tv watching kodi stops suddenly playing. all kodi freezes.
no possibility anymore to get to windows taskmanager to quit kodi prozess.
only solution reboot. in v17 at every point it was possible to kill the kodi
process but in v18 its so aggressive that only reboot works in case of
freeze and it freezes often. then there is a bug when switching between
window mode and fullscreen with alt+enter. a proper video displaying is not
possible only in a small square. i tried to go back to v17 or 18 beta 3.
is also not possible because the dvbviewer addon is not in the system anymore
in earlier version then
and cannot be installed. so big problems and i have to stay on a very buggy
version 18 beta 4:-(

UPDATE:
Solution for downgrading to most stable beta 3. in beta 4 uninstall the dvbviewer pvr addon and then uninstall kodi
and then install older version.
A proper debug log (showing the issue) on a public pastebin and that URL linked back to this thread would go along way towards this issue. I do note that most 'add-ons' are now individual download packages, your issue might be in one of the add-ons.
Kodi beta 5 still got problems with switching window mode/fullscreen (sometimes not everytime). Image

I ve got two monitors and when i switch the kodi windows from one to the other this happens. Video only works in a small square on the top left of kodi window.
On the other hand beta 5 seems to be more stable.
Could be gfx engine trouble repainting the screen, a debug log might have a clue. Ensure both displays are turned on prior to Kodi launch (sometimes is a word that is hated around here).
Having a similar problem when I'm using microsoft remote desktop between my windows machine running kodi and my mac.   In Kodi 17.6 I had no issues switching back and forth, but in both Kodi Leia Beta 4 and 5 I'm having the same issue as shown in the pictures in the previous post.
Here is my log:
https://pastebin.com/embed_js/daewJADc
Having a similar problem of charliekay74
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2789542

My NUC is connected to a TV. When I'm playing audio, I turn off my TV, when I put my TV back on, Kodi is in the top left corner filling about a quarter of the screen. Kodi doesn't scale to that 'resolution'. So I can't see/do anything anymore besides closing Kodi and restart.

Will try to provide a debug log later today
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
Debug Log as promised:
https://paste.kodi.tv/upadaduhun.kodi

Took a picture of my screen when I turn my TV back on:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SRHnaSP...sp=sharing
I have same issues and opened a bug ticket here. #14843
It is a general issue from one to another display, no matter if analog or digital display.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
Would be great if the problem will be solved that kodi 18 after quitting stays aggressively in the taskmanager/processes. My computer then doesnt change to suspend automatically and starting kodi again is not possible. When Kodi crashes or freezes then only option is reboot of windows. Its not possible to open taskmanager and kill the process because it is not visible. Kodi stays aggressively in front of the screen. In Kodi 17 it was possible to reach windows taskmanager and kill kodi process. Please change this. Thanks!
The display/small window issue hasn't been solved in RC1
Yes, its still there. Kodi 18 RC still has problems with display and small window. Going back to version 17.6 is not possible, dvbviewer pvr addon doesnt find connection to server there. with version 18 no problem.
"I turn off my TV, when I put my TV back on, Kodi is in the top left corner filling about a quarter of the screen. Kodi doesn't scale to that 'resolution'. So I can't see/do anything anymore besides closing Kodi and restart." This is likely a property of HDCP and loss of handshaking, to prevent this Displays (wiki) 5.1 HDMI pin #19 trick or check this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158432
I know this "trick" but today it is outdated for newer graphic cards and driver. Particular in this case it make no sense because this issue in kodi v17.6 is not present!
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
Not just with 17.6. I've only started seeing this issue popping up since beta 4, if I recall correctly. Until then (with 17.6 and earlier beta versions I've never seen this. It only started about 1 month ago.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 Beta 4+5, RC 1+2+3+4+5+18.0Final+18.1RC+18.1Final+18.22