• 2(current)
v18 Kodi 18 Beta 4+5, RC 1+2+3+4+5+18.0Final+18.1RC+18.1Final+18.2
With 17.6 there is no display problem. But when i remember correctly i had this problem for a short time before i think also in the beta stage of 17 and from one version to the next it got fixed...i hope this happens again because the error pops up regularly now (often when changing from fullscreen to window mode and back) and only solution is to kill kodi and start again.
Display switch issue is since September 2017 in v18 alpha stage! Next to the DXVA2 issue that is one of top issues that should have to be solved until final release for me.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
yes you are right i forget to write here the issue with DXVA2. When watching some tv channels there is a small flickering stripe on the top of the screen. you have to turn off DXVA2 every time, then it works. but its only a turnaround.
Not only for pvr also for playing Bluray or other media.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
(2018-11-25, 12:31)Zokkel Wrote: The display/small window issue hasn't been solved in RC1

I have the same hardware, neither works here... I'm so looking forward to have a major release of Kodi released, but with this basic problems (this and e.g. loss of all library settings on update) I stay on the oldskool 17.6
Intel NUC8i3BEH, Kodi 19, SanDisk Plus 128GB SSD, Kingston HyperX Impact 8GB, Windows 10 x64
Sony KD65-XF9005
atm HDCP isn't outdated, Kodi resolution will default on loss of handshake. Try using full screen window (this is one of the main reasons this option exists) on a display desktop of 1920x1080.

You can change the system default using reg-edit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...46fa297a3f

Press the "Windows-R" keys, type "regedit" look for HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/VIDEO. Double-click the "DefaultSettings.XResolution" heading, and select the "Decimal" radio button, Type the horizontal resolution of your choice in the "Value data:" text box; for example, "1920" (without quotes) to set a width resolution of 1920 screen pixels. Do the same for DefaultSettings.YResolution "1080". You'll need to reboot for these changes. I take zero responsibility for any any of these changes, I'm running widows 7/64 without these issues.
Thank you for your support in this case but as i mentioned before this issue is and was not present in v17.6! There i can switch from tv to beamer to case display and back without any problem. I understand the registry mod as a quick fix but for me i hope for a solution within Kodi.
I tried and googled it. But this regedit workaround doesn't seem to work in Windows 10. I can't even find that regkey in Windows 10.

Also hoping for a Kodi solution, since this is a new bug in v18 (as also stated by tehax). Is there anyone who knows if this is taking into consideration? If someone is working on it?
Then we can just wait patiently :-)
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
(2018-11-30, 08:14)Zokkel Wrote: I tried and googled it. But this regedit workaround doesn't seem to work in Windows 10. I can't even find that regkey in Windows 10.

Also hoping for a Kodi solution, since this is a new bug in v18 (as also stated by tehax). Is there anyone who knows if this is taking into consideration? If someone is working on it?
Then we can just wait patiently :-)
A windows 7 reg. as you've noted. I'm no longer sure what issue you are addressing, the op 'charliekay74' problem was frreezing while using the PVR. The discussion slipped to an HDCP issue, I addressed it in post #13 https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2795197 I should note I too have my display connected PC-> AVR -> TV and I have not been able to replicate (I followed->TeHaX Steps to reproduce the behaviour) . This appears to be specifically hardware oriented, has been reported in the past and addressed in the forum; case dependant in different ways as I've eluded.
No, thats not right. charliekay74 has not the problem freezing during pvr;-). these three problems are seperate problems:

the first: kodi freezes, and its not possible to kill the process, because its impossible to get/become task manager on the screen, because it stays all black with kodi freezing, so only windows reboot is possible

the second: maximise/window mode or changing kodi from monitor 1 to monitor 2, then resize error, so that video is only played in small window on the top left in kodi, see attached photo in one of the first posts.

the third: flickering stripe on the top of video during tv playback on some channels. you have to turn off DXVA2 then as turnaround.

these are all seperate errors in kodi version 18, betas and rc that i think do not have to do with each other. All these problems didnt appear on Kodi V17.6

cables:
-Windows PC is connected to TV with hdmi
-Windows PC is connected to Monitor 1 with vga
-Windows PC is connected to Monitor 2 with dvi
-Windows PC is connected to AVR with hdmi with
https://www.amazon.com/ChenYang-Female-S...B00S6GYD4O
I'm only hopping on for the second problem :-)
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
From the first post "i use kodi with dvbviewer as pvr. during tv watching kodi stops suddenly playing. all kodi freezes." 2nd and 3rd issue are related and addressed in post #13 If the developers can't see or replicate this issue with their equipment, then a fix for an unseen issue isn't going to be appreciated. (keep in mind HDCP or High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandw...Protection is never going to be 'fixed' by Kodi) and in most of the messages here, these issues relate to that, end to end protection was not meant to be circumvented with splitters.

If an earlier iteration of Kodi works in your hardware set-up, then by all means stick with or revert to that.
Anything new concerning this in the new RC?
Intel NUC8i3BEH, Kodi 19, SanDisk Plus 128GB SSD, Kingston HyperX Impact 8GB, Windows 10 x64
Sony KD65-XF9005
(2018-12-01, 19:29)PatK Wrote: addressed in post #13 If the developers can't see or replicate this issue with their equipment, then a fix for an unseen issue isn't going to be appreciated. (keep in mind HDCP or High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandw...Protection is never going to be 'fixed' by Kodi) and in most of the messages here, these issues relate to that, end to end protection was not meant to be circumvented with splitters.

If an earlier iteration of Kodi works in your hardware set-up, then by all means stick with or revert to that.
 Note Post #13 and enjoy https://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v18_(Leia)_changelog
Kodi RC2; small window/resize problem and DVXA Problem still there.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 Beta 4+5, RC 1+2+3+4+5+18.0Final+18.1RC+18.1Final+18.22