Shortcut key for subtitle sync
There is already a shortcut for audio sync "A". It would be very nice to have also a shortcut for subtitle sync. After pressing it, we could use the arrows keys to advance or delay the subtitles, the very same as we do with audio. I actually have to sync subtitles many more times than sync audio in video streams.

Now we must enter the subtitles menu, then choose an option before we get to the sync bar. With Esc we must go all the way back. With a shortcut key, would go directly there, without any menu window popping up in from of the movie.
(2018-10-31, 04:21)helviojr Wrote: There is already a shortcut for audio sync "A".

The 'A'-button is mapped to the built-in function 'AudioDelay' via the default keyboard.xml.
For subtitles, a similar built-in is available: 'SubtitleDelay'
So I suggest you map that function, (SubtitleDelay), to whatever button you want by using your own custom keymap.
I do both audio and subtitle syncing via keymapped key combinations via the userdata/keymaps/keymap.xml file.
CTRL-left/right for subtitle syncing, CTRL+SHIFT-left/right for audio syncing. These are for a full pc-keyboard.

xml:
<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<F5>ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</F5>
<left mod="ctrl">subtitledelayminus</left>
<right mod="ctrl">subtitledelayplus</right>
<left mod="ctrl,shift">audiodelayminus</left>
<right mod="ctrl,shift">audiodelayplus</right>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
(2018-10-31, 09:22)Klojum Wrote: I do both audio and subtitle syncing via keymapped key combinations via the userdata/keymaps/keymap.xml file.
CTRL-left/right for subtitle syncing, CTRL+SHIFT-left/right for audio syncing. These are for a full pc-keyboard.

Thank you very much! I'll just use your idea entirely. I'm discovering Kodi customization yet. Sorry.
I was looking to create a keyboard shortcut to quickly access "Subtitle offset" function and came across this thread. I was able to do it by downloading "Keymap editor" add-on from Kodi settings and after opening the program click on edit/full screen video/Subtitle/Delay/Edit key/click on any unassigned key within 5 seconds (I chose "Q") and then hit "escape" a few times to "save" and exit the Keymap editor. Now, when I am playing videos that have issues with subtitle sync, I simply hit "Q" and the subtitle offset bar appears on the top of the screen and I can easily use left and right arrows on the keyboard to adjust the delay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shortcut key for subtitle sync0