v18 Add extended artwork without an additional add-on
(2020-01-03, 02:18)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: I must be missing something here - I don't really understand how you do this.
Artwork (wiki)

(2020-01-03, 02:18)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: What I really want to know is whether this will work with PVR artwork,
No. It is only configured for Movies, Music, Music Videos, and TV Shows.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-01-03, 02:25)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-01-03, 02:18)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: I must be missing something here - I don't really understand how you do this.
Artwork (wiki)
(2020-01-03, 02:18)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: What I really want to know is whether this will work with PVR artwork,
No. It is only configured for Movies, Music, Music Videos, and TV Shows.
I have created the advancedsettings.xml file exactly as listed (copied it) and it resides in the ~.kodi/userdatat folder.   Log shows that it has been read, but I do not get any animated posters.  

Running LibreElec 9.2.2 (Leia 18.6)

Latest version of Rapier Skin installed.

I removed Artwork Beef and Artwork Downloader (as I noticed the Kodi Wiki says Artwork Downloader is broken and all features are now included in core Kodi)

Rebooted system and still can't get the animated artwork to function.
I saved the log file in paste.kodi/tv, but not sure how to send it
(2020-06-06, 19:15)zigzag930 Wrote: I saved the log file in paste.kodi/tv, but not sure how to send it
Once you save the log, copy the address in the address bar and save it in your post.

(2020-06-06, 19:12)zigzag930 Wrote: but I do not get any animated posters.  
The skin has to support animated posters. Most don't. Also animated posters do not work across networks, so accessing them via smb, nfs or other protocol won't work.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-06-06, 19:22)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-06-06, 19:15)zigzag930 Wrote: I saved the log file in paste.kodi/tv, but not sure how to send it
Once you save the log, copy the address in the address bar and save it in your post.
(2020-06-06, 19:12)zigzag930 Wrote: but I do not get any animated posters.  
The skin has to support animated posters. Most don't. Also animated posters do not work across networks, so accessing them via smb, nfs or other protocol won't work.

Ok, here is the log.  

https://paste.kodi.tv/efifuroveg.kodi

I am using Rapier skin, which has worked for me prior to rebuilding my Kodi box and upgrading to v18.

Since that log I have changed my movie scraper from moviedatabase to universal scraper.  I now have many "posters" in each respective video folder, but no gifs anywhere.

Would Kodi Leia (libreelec) still use ~.kodi/userdata/add*/*/animatedgifs to store these?
(2020-06-06, 20:42)zigzag930 Wrote: I now have many "posters" in each respective video folder, but no gifs anywhere.
It sounds like you are expecting the scraper to download animated art for you. This won't happen and there is no site for animated artwork to be downloaded from. You need to supply them yourself and save locally.

(2020-06-06, 20:42)zigzag930 Wrote: Would Kodi Leia (libreelec) still use ~.kodi/userdata/add*/*/animatedgifs to store these?
No idea what that is. Looks like you had some addon in the past?

I think you would be best asking Gade in the Rapier forum. His skin does use animated artwork, so he would best be able to advise you how to proceed.
My Signature
Prior to upgrading to Leia I used had artworkdownloader configured and it (or something, maybe universal scraper?) downloaded those gifs automatically.   Since the upgrade, I can't get this to work on Leia as some of the add-ons aren't used anymore.
I will answer this in the Rapier forum Smile

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=326199

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add extended artwork without an additional add-on1