Stream from SMB shares to Xbox 360 with XBMC as UPnP server?
kraqh3d Wrote:i think that would work if using the Win32 version and you use drive letter mappings and not Xbmc's smb:// protocol. as far as Xbmc is concerned, the media would be considered local.

I can confirm that it is not working with UPNP server on XBMC (alpha4) on winXP using SMB shares. PS3 cannot reach content via this setup residing on shared drive. Wierd but true.
However I cannot find any info in official docuemntation that it should work, or whether it is somehow a limitation of the PS3 (v2.42) considering the setup above.

Anybody?
sircube Wrote:I can confirm that it is not working with UPNP server on XBMC (alpha4) on winXP using SMB shares. PS3 cannot reach content via this setup residing on shared drive. Wierd but true.
However I cannot find any info in official docuemntation that it should work, or whether it is somehow a limitation of the PS3 (v2.42) considering the setup above.

Anybody?

I mean any roadmap for the feature?

cheers and keep up the good work!!
Andras
I am not sure when this got fixed, but I am using Atlantis Beta 1 and I can stream music to my 360 through SMB as long as its in my library.
Heyup all.

First off, I'd like to say a big thank you to the creators of this marvellous bit of software. I can't tell you how many hours of happiness it has brought my kids and I, and getting rid of DVDs and CDs has been a revelation.

But I've got a query. I'm tinkering about with the PC incarnation of XBMC (latest version, as of date of this post).

I'm trying to use XBMC's UPnP server feature to stream videos, music and pictures to my Xbox 360.

I've got videos and music to play - remarkably well as it happens, and most of my movies play on the 360, despite the lack of transcoding function, so I'm more than happy with that.

The one thing I can't get to work is, of all things, pictures. I'd like to browse the millions of pictures of my sprogs on the Xbox 360 but it can't see any. I've set up the folders in UPnP server settings but the Xbox 360 doesn't see anything. It works for videos and music fine, even though all that stuff is held on a NAS box elsewhere in the house. Obviously I went through the process of adding these items to libraries before I could see them on the 360.

Any suggestions for the pictures side of things?
Any solution to this yet?
I can confrim that UPnP is still broken for the xbox 360. I have "TVersity and PlayOn" working on the same xbox 360 (I've also tried disabling the other UPnP servers with no success).

SVN: 16612
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/88162/

It seems (from looking at the log) that XBMC is pulling the data but nothing is displayed on the xbox 360 other then "No videos found." error. I get the same results with videos, music and pictures.

I'm willing to help debug the problem. Smile Is there any other way to test the UPnP server?
I'll take a look at it tonight
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Just downloaded Plex-0.73 (os-x). This here is also broken for the xbox 360. Unsure if that's the same branch of media server SVN: 16612 (havent checked yet)

>> "nothing is displayed on the xbox 360 other then "No videos found." error. I get the same results with videos, music and pictures."

Exact same behaviour on the xbox UI. The "XBMC:Media server" device is recognised / selectable item but navigating into it gives empty folder message. No issues accessing media through plex/xbmc mac client on host computer.

Restart xbox, plex, media server executable, host computer - all no effect.

Release note: Plex/Seven 0.7.3:
"This release also includes a new version of the Plex Media Server, ..."

SRC:
http://github.com/elan/plex/commits/v0-7-3
Hello All,

I've tried my best to search this out for myself before asking for someone's help and time, but still no joy.

Can anyone with a little more knowledge than me offer a little help with getting my music and pictures to be seen on a 360 via XBMC UPNP.

My generic Nas was no good for any 3rd party linux based server apps, so I thought I'd try the good ol XBOX with XBMC for serving to the 360.

Setup - Generic Nas Drive, XBMC as UPNP Server, hopefully to 360.

I have managed to get my movies showing, which was fairly straight forward, but the music and pictures on the NAS, will not show on the 360.

The music side of things, I thought should have been fairly straight forward > library mode, scan to library. but nothing showing?

As for the pictures, I can't seem to find a way of using library mode/adding to library?

I'm hoping that it's me overlooking something simple and I'll take any comments for overlooking something so easy on the chin Wink

Any ideas would be appreciated...........I really have tried my best independantly and searching the heck out of the forums to no avail, It's horrible being beaten !

Thank in advance,

D
c0diq Wrote:I'll take a look at it tonight

Thanks!
I'm currently running SVN 16749 and the UPnP server is working great! Big Grin
I'm replying to this as, I too, would like to know how to get the pictures working through XBMC's UPnP server.
i am trying to stream content from my windows 7 computer to my xbox360 via xbmc. Tversity and me are about to fight so i am useing XBMC for the time being until i create a small PC to run XBMC. I can stream my movies but when i try to stream my TV Shows they show up but when i click play it doesnt do anything on the XBOX. Any Suggestions?

Thanks!

Marcus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream from SMB shares to Xbox 360 with XBMC as UPnP server?0