v17 can i add a new category in home screen?
Hello it's my first post, nice forum i didn't fount the zone where insert the presentation discussion

i am using kodi 17.6 krypton, with the default skins, i am trying to add a category to the home screen,how can i do it?

using google i found that the default skin doesn't allow it edit, is it true?
can i use a kind of addons, to display the new category "anime" after "film" and "tv series"?

thank for your time
You cannot easily add new items to the default skin. But you can always try skinning new items which is a fairly complex job.

Try this... https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
thank for the reply,

if i change the skin, can i do it edit easyer?

exist a list of skins that allow to edit the home screen?
WHAT ARE YOU AFTER ?

a new menu
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2747652

a new Library Node
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2756421
can you use kodi 18 as the mods where done for 18
anime
MENU
home.xml

in kodi go to video files select folder with anime click and add to favourites
open user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata and open favourites.xml in notepad++
goto addons\skin.test\xml open home.xml

find
< item>
       <label>$LOCALIZE[342]</label>
       <onclick condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/,return)</onclick>
       <onclick condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/titles/,return)</onclick>
       <onclick condition="!Library.HasContent(movies)">ActivateWindow(Videos,sources://video/,return)</onclick>
       <property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[5000]</property>
       <thumb>icons/sidemenu/movies.png</thumb>
       <property name="id">movies</property>
       <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMovieButton)</visible>
      </item>

after </item> paste the new menu
you will need to replace <label>your folder</label>
< onclick>ActivateWindow(videos, Copy from favourites  ,return)</onclick> this is the link to the new menu

=================================================
to set the menu path switch to favourites now copy the info for the folder
ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;E:\\anime\\&quot;,return)
==============================================
NEW MENU _________________
<item>
       <label>anime</label>
       <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;E:\\anime\\&quot;,return)</onclick>
      </item>
the_other_guy i will try to use your indication, but can i use your guide with kody 17.6, krypton?
Thanks @the_other_guy Smile

@fsadfdsaf If the skinning mentioned in the threads above is too complicated for you, then any other skin can be used. Some examples are Aeon Nox Silvo, Transparency!, Rapier, Grid and most other skins. If you like the look or the default skin Estuary, then try the Estuary Mod Version.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
thank to both of you

i will try this edit... probably my pc will explode ahah
first of all i will back up the kpdi folder
i will write here the final result
only now i have the time to edit kodi ahah
i can't find addons\skin.test\xml, is it the correct folder?
i use Estuary, the default skin

(2018-11-18, 12:11)fsadfdsaf Wrote: i can't find addons\skin.test\xml, is it the correct folder?
i use Estuary, the default skin
The system default Estuary skin is located elsewhere. If you want to make changes to the Estuary skin, it's best to make a copy of that Estuary system folder, and place that folder copy into the Kodi/addons folder along with the other skin folders. Then rename the Estuary skin in folder and in the settings in the addon.xml file, because Kodi does not work with multiple skins with identical names/id's.

See also: https://kodi.wiki/view/Estuary_Modification
thank, where i found the folder to copy?
and to chenge id is enougth if i rename the folder?
It is here... C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.estuary
My Signature
wich part of favorite.xml
Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Anime &gt;">ActivateWindow(10001,&quot;plugin://plugin.library.node.editor/?ltype=video&amp;path=C%3a%5cUsers%5cADM%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5cuserdata%5clibrary%5cvideo%5canime&quot;,return)</favourite>
    <favourite name="anime">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;C:\\TIF\\anime\\&quot;,return)</favourite>
</favourites>

i must copy in the code that will be paste in home.xml?
if it is the same as 18
ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;C:\\TIF\\anime\\&quot;,return)
this line gose in the onclick tag

<item>
       <label>name</label>
       <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;E:\\Blu-Ray\\&quot;,return)</onclick>
      </item>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can i add a new category in home screen?0