Added a TV show, nothing is making it work.
I have multiple TV shows in Kodi that all work perfectly fine. So I assumed when adding a new one, it would be painless, I was wrong. I've spent hours trying to get this crap to work with absolutely no luck, so here I am out of desperation. The problem is, I'm doing exactly what I've done for other shows, and for some reason it works for those, but not this one. I just got the Batman animated series collection on bluray and I've copied the disc to my computer, but nothing is getting it to show up in Kodi. If I go into the files, I can find it there, but I can't find it the normal UI. I've included a screen shot showing how the files are formated, and even show how my other shows are that work perfectly fine, and you can see those aren't even the same. So any help would be great.

Gee, your filenaming is all over the place. In one show you have...

Batman The Animated Series S01 E15
Batman The Animated Series S1 EP15

And neither of those will work. If you provide the link to the show at TVDB, I can look into it further, otherwise rename your files correctly.

hint, hint...

Batman The Animated Series S01E15
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It's all over the place cause I've been trying every possible combination I can think of to get it to work. Here's the link:

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/batman-th...ted-series

But Kodi won't even list the show itself as an option, yet alone any episodes.
Ah, ok. That makes sense.

Thanks for the link. Nothing peculiar about the show and the way it is named. I just tested it with my example and it scraped fine.

Did you try my example? Try it and if it still does not work, provide a Debug Log which captures the scrape.

Moving this thread to Metadata Scrapers forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I've tried everything, I'll go get the log.
https://paste.kodi.tv/ajadocisuz.kodi
@SpoolinChaos

Unfortunately you did not enable Debug Mode in Settings>System Settings>Logging, so I can see the errors, but not why they are there.

At a guess from what I can see, it seems to be searching for the Season names rather than the TV Show name.

Which folder have you set as your Source in this path...

E:\TV_Shows\Batman The Animated Series\Batman The Animated Series Season 4\
My Signature
Sorry, new to all this log stuff, hopefully this has everything you need:

https://paste.kodi.tv/kolixorihu.kodi

I don't understand your question, the file path is what you put:

E:\TV_Shows\Batman The Animated Series\Batman The Animated Series Season 4

I have all my TV shows in folders, and then the seasons in sub  folders, and then the episodes for each season in the season folder.
I even changed it to use IMDB and added a .nfo file with a link directly to the page, Kodi still won't load it in.
(2018-11-08, 04:43)SpoolinChaos Wrote: I even changed it to use IMDB and added a .nfo file with a link directly to the page, Kodi still won't load it in.
That is expected. There is no scraper to scrape TV Shows from IMDB.

The log is better, and I think my original guess is correct. I think your Sources are incorrectly set as it is trying to search for items that it should not be.

(2018-11-08, 04:08)SpoolinChaos Wrote: I don't understand your question, the file path is what you put:
Look at the series of images here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sour...ng_Sources

What folder did you set there for the TV Shows in image 6... E:\TV_Shows\Batman The Animated Series\Batman The Animated Series Season 4\
My Signature
Hopefully this is what you're asking for, I really appreciate you trying to help. Never had this much trouble with a TV show before.

Progress! For shits and giggles I flipped the toggle for "This folder contains a single TV show", and it then found the episodes, BUT, now it's doing this crap, lol, and it only sees season 1.

(2018-11-10, 02:06)SpoolinChaos Wrote: Hopefully this is what you're asking for
No it is not.

SOURCE is what I am after. Did you look at those images that I asked you to? Your subsequent comment about "This folder contains a single TV show" confirms the problem.

Your Source is set incorrectly. Look at the images and you should be able to figure it out. Your Source should be set on your folder TV Shows and then disable that setting you enabled.

Your files are also incorrectly named which I have previously mentioned to you... and even given you the correct naming.

I can only help so much. I have given you the answers how to fix. It is up to you if you make those changes.

Good luck
My Signature
Yes. I looked at those images. Yes, my source is set to TV show. My main folder with all my TV shows is set to TV shows, every folder in that folder is set to TV show. Yes I changed the file names to what you said. None of that changes anything, I wouldn't be here if this was something simple or obvious:

How the files are named:

Source of E:\TV_Shows:

Source of E:\TV_Shows\Batman The Animated Series\Batman The Animated Series Season 1:

Source of E:\TV_Shows\Batman The Animated Series\Batman The Animated Series Season 2:

Source of E:\TV_Shows\Batman The Animated Series\Batman The Animated Series Season 3:

Source of E:\TV_Shows\Batman The Animated Series\Batman The Animated Series Season 4:

I literally have the folders setup EXACTLY all the other TV shows, those work, even the ones with horrific naming, yet this doesn't.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Added a TV show, nothing is making it work.0