iOS APPLETV 4K Siri remote touchpad acts as one button
I'm trying to use other Keymaps to make my remote work better. 
For example i want a click on the right edge of the touchpad of the siri remote to cause a skip forward but it seems impossible. 

It feels like Kodi sees the entire touchpad as one button and one button only giving the play/pause function regardless of where I click. 

If I try a modified one from this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337082 I loose all swipe functionality too. 

I strongly belive I'm doing something wrong but can anyone assist?
(2018-11-05, 20:54)mats_o Wrote: For example i want a click on the right edge of the touchpad of the siri remote to cause a skip forward but it seems impossible. 

It feels like Kodi sees the entire touchpad as one button and one button only giving the play/pause function regardless of where I click.

The touchpad of the SiriRemote has only one button. You can’t click the borders (up, down, left, right) to get extra functions. You have to tap them (a short touch only without a click).

(2018-11-05, 20:54)mats_o Wrote: If I try a modified one from this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337082 I loose all swipe functionality too. 

Where/why do you loose all swipe functionality with that keymap?

I am willing to generate the perfect keymap, but I need to understand your needs. Maybe you didn’t understand how the SiriRemote and maybe the keymap works. [emoji6]

- If you for example want to skip forward (+10sec, +30sec, +1min, +3min, +5min...) with my keymap, you have to tap (double tap, tripple tap...) the right side of the touchpad.
- If you want to skip backward, (-10sec, -30sec, -1min, -3min, -5min...) with my keymap, you have to tap (double tap, tripple tap...) the left side of the touchpad.

In my opinion a tap is much better to handle than a swipe to skip forward/backward. So I don’t see the need for a swipe to skip in FullscreenVideo or FullscreenliveTV. Because of that I used the swipes in that views for other functions (swipe up to change audio track, swipe down to change subtitle, swipe left to see CodecInfo, have a look at the other thread). But the swipe works as expected, when you are in a list view of your movies for example. The swipe functionality is globally defined. Only in that both FullscreenViews I defined other keys to the swipes.

Do you have any further questions and is that the answer you were looking for?

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2018-11-05, 22:42)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2018-11-05, 20:54)mats_o Wrote: For example i want a click on the right edge of the touchpad of the siri remote to cause a skip forward but it seems impossible. 

The touchpad of the SiriRemote has only one button. You can’t click the borders (up, down, left, right) to get extra functions. You have to tap them (a short touch only without a click).   
I'm sorry but I can click the borders to get extra functionality in Plex or MrMC for example. MrMC even documents the functions in https://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php?title=Siri_remote.
So I claim that the remote has the functionality for it. Whether Kodi can detect those presses or not - well thats another question Wink

(2018-11-05, 22:42)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2018-11-05, 20:54)mats_o Wrote: If I try a modified one from this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337082 I loose all swipe functionality too. 

Where/why do you loose all swipe functionality with that keymap?  

I loose it directly in the Home menu so I can't even test the rest Wink

But to start from the beginning. It is the keymap file under /private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/..../Library/Caches/home/userdata/keymaps/ that should be replaced?
Hello @mats_o

at the moment I am on a business trip and I don’t have access to my Apple TV 4K.

(2018-11-05, 20:54)mats_o Wrote: I'm sorry but I can click the borders to get extra functionality in Plex or MrMC for example. MrMC even documents the functions in https://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php?title=Siri_remote.
So I claim that the remote has the functionality for it. Whether Kodi can detect those presses or not - well thats another question Wink

Ok, you are right. There are additional click functions at the edges of the touchpad. I didn’t know of them, because they are not documented in the SiriRemote.xml that comes with Kodi for the Apple TV 4K. By a quick google search I found the following SiriRemote keymap for MrMC, but I also can’t see defined click buttons:

https://github.com/MrMC/mrmc/blob/master...Remote.xml

Maybe this is what you are looking for. But I can’t check at the moment. We have to compare my custom SiriRemote.xml with the MrMC keymap.

(2018-11-05, 20:54)mats_o Wrote: I loose it directly in the Home menu so I can't even test the rest [emoji6]

But to start from the beginning. It is the keymap file under /private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/..../Library/Caches/home/userdata/keymaps/ that should be replaced?

I don’t know the exact path. If you go to the Kodi file manager, you see a directory called „Profile Directory“ and there you find the directory „Keymaps“. That is the path where you have to copy the custom SiriRemote.xml. Also check my description in this post:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2787636

You have to execute step 1 to 7.

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Kodi does only see single click of the touch pad. No idea how MrMC got edge clocks from it. As me Siri remote touch pad is broken - don‘t expect anything from me here. You won‘t get edge clicks with the keymap because Kodi is unaware of those events.

Looked at that wiki from mrmc - there is no mentioning of edge clicks - only taps - and that is supported by Kodi.
I am actually pretty sure that there is only one click event supported on tvOS.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Actually you can get all sorts of fun info by using GCController to get the details. Here, we can track where the users touches, then when a click comes in, determine which edge was clicked.

We moved away from edge taps, too many complaints of the GUI going off doing unintended things when the user simply picked up the Siri remote and happened to touch the touch pad.

Those changes, plus the focus engine to map gui into UIVews so the tvOS focus actually works, made using the Siri remote a absolute dream. I hated the thing with a passion until we got the focus engine works and now it's the remote of choice.
(2018-11-06, 22:13)Memphiz Wrote: Kodi does only see single click of the touch pad. No idea how MrMC got edge clocks from it. As me Siri remote touch pad is broken - don‘t expect anything from me here. You won‘t get edge clicks with the keymap because Kodi is unaware of those events.

Looked at that wiki from mrmc - there is no mentioning of edge clicks - only taps - and that is supported by Kodi.
I am actually pretty sure that there is only one click event supported on tvOS.
 Hi @Memphiz,

thanks for the clarifying words. So at the moment we don't have the edge clicks and don't have the apple tv like swipes with the Siri Remote. I am fine with that. 

In my opinion the edge clicks are described at the bottom of the page "tvOS Native Mode": https://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php/Siri_remo...ive%20Mode

Made some final changes for my custom keymap. I will post that in the other thread.

Regards Hoppel

(2018-11-07, 00:45)davilla Wrote: We moved away from edge taps, too many complaints of the GUI going off doing unintended things when the user simply picked up the Siri remote and happened to touch the touch pad.

Those changes, plus the focus engine to map gui into UIVews so the tvOS focus actually works, made using the Siri remote a absolute dream. I hated the thing with a passion until we got the focus engine works and now it's the remote of choice.

Yep, I also recognized that the remote sometimes skips, when I simply pick it up, because I taped the edge of the touchpad inadvertently.

Thanks for your explanation how you got the remote of choice under MrMC. Maybe we'll also see these features under Kodi sometimes.

Perhaps we have to buy a new SiriRemote for @Memphiz . Wink

Regards Hoppel

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
APPLETV 4K Siri remote touchpad acts as one button0