v17 disable HEVC video codec on a device that is not able to cope with
My system kodi (17.6) and tvheadend is using DVB-S2 and german DVB-T2 in parallel and (mostly) everything is working nice with my newer clients (odroid c2) that are able to decode H.265 videos in hardware.

There are some older, weak Raspberry Pis that are capable to do most things they should, but shurely are not able to handle H.265.

But they try to play tvheadend H.265 recordings by software and are crashing in the attempt to do so.

Is there a runtime setting in kodi  to disable software decoding of H.265, stop this stupid behaviour and just say "sorry I cannot do this"?

Stefan (who does not like to buy everything new)
(2018-11-05, 23:09)tefans Wrote: Is there a runtime setting in kodi  to disable software decoding of H.265, stop this stupid behaviour and just say "sorry I cannot do this"?
Stupid behavior? No, not at this time, but you can't also expect every car to go over 200 km/h, or be able to drive through a sandy desert. A bit of common sense is always welcome. HEVC will play okay on a RPi2/3 upto a certain level, as LibreELEC with Kodi 18 does have more optimizations for HEVC play on Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 models. You can perhaps try those instead of whatever OS you are currently using.
All I want is kodi not to crash because somebody accidently started a HEVC recording.

This is a Citroen 2 CV and I don't expect impossible things to happen.
(2018-11-15, 23:12)tefans Wrote: All I want is kodi not to crash because somebody accidently started a HEVC recording.
Have you tried Kodi 18 already? Kodi 18 does a bit better on HEVC. A bit of moderate overclocking also won't hurt.
Use another sd card if you don't want to mess with your current setup.

(2018-11-15, 23:12)tefans Wrote: This is a Citroen 2 CV and I don't expect impossible things to happen.
Well, a 2CV having to tow a giant caravan is a kind of impossible task.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
disable HEVC video codec on a device that is not able to cope with0