• 9(current)
Beta Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)
So, I've got the tick boxes working (including the ken burns effect) correctly. As far as I know the skin helper service is depreciated, with respect to extrafanart. I know Leia deals with this natively now, so I changed the behavior. If you select the 'Visualization Background: Extra Fanart' checkbox, it'll display the artist landscape fanart as the background. Keep in mind you have to have the artwork type enabled in your advancedsettings.xml. I would guess the original behavior might still work in earlier versions of Kodi, so do what you will (It's never worked for me, with Leia).

So, once again delete everything, from the first box above, again and replace it with this:
xml:

<control type="image">
   <include>MusicVis_Background</include>
   <texture background="true" fallback="home_art/music.jpg">$INFO[Player.Art(fanart)]</texture>
   <visible>Skin.HasSetting(VisBgFanart)</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
   <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>        
   <texture background="true" fallback="home_art/music.jpg">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image)]</texture>
   <visible>Skin.HasSetting(VisBgArtistSlideshow) + !String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image))</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
   <texture background="true" fallback="home_art/music.jpg">$INFO[Player.Art(artist.landscape)]</texture>
   <visible>Skin.HasSetting(VisBgExtraFanart)</visible>
</control>
Alright, I apologize about clogging up the board with this, but I cannot edit or delete my previous posts. Anyway, I think I have it. Fanart and Extrafanart will show correctly and fallback to the generic picture if unavailable. Artistslideshow will run correctly and fallback to the artist.fanart if unavailable, and then to the generic picture if that's unavailable.

xml:

<control type="image">
    <texture background="true" fallback="home_art/music.jpg">$INFO[Player.Art(fanart)]</texture>
    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(VisBgFanart)</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
    <texture background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image)]</texture>
    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(VisBgArtistSlideshow) + !String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image))</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(VisBgArtistSlideshow) + String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image))</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
    <texture background="true" fallback="home_art/music.jpg">$INFO[Player.Art(artist.landscape)]</texture>
    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(VisBgExtraFanart)</visible>
</control>
nice work... I was just playing with " ArtistSlideshow.Image "  Myself after finding it in the forums  for artists slideshow..    Ken burns effect is great but I would prefer a fade in and out myself.. But things are working whoo hoo..

James
Hi, now with streaming services all the way, the "watched" marked does not apply automatically because the episode has sometimes more than 2 minutes of postcredit info.
Can i reduce the time that is required to be left on the episode to mark it as watch from the skin?
Comfortable on edit .xml if it is necessary.

tnx
(2019-12-26, 15:17)great_vc Wrote: Hi, now with streaming services all the way, the "watched" marked does not apply automatically because the episode has sometimes more than 2 minutes of postcredit info.
Can i reduce the time that is required to be left on the episode to mark it as watch from the skin?

tnx

I think that it is set in Kodi, the overlay is simple and uses a Kodi variable.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2020-01-02, 00:48)MacGyver Wrote:
(2019-12-26, 15:17)great_vc Wrote: Hi, now with streaming services all the way, the "watched" marked does not apply automatically because the episode has sometimes more than 2 minutes of postcredit info.

tnx

I think that it is set in Kodi, the overlay is simple and uses a Kodi variable. 
Happy New Year!
Do you remember where that setting is ? i searched i bit but null
(2020-01-02, 09:45)great_vc Wrote: Do you remember where that setting is ? i searched i bit but null 

It seems to have been removed (or maybe it was never there) from the GUI, but you can set it in advancedsettings.xml in the userdata folder.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent>
<ignoresecondsatstart>360</ignoresecondsatstart>
<ignorepercentatend>8</ignorepercentatend>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

As you can see it works off both time and percentage so the smaller the file the less tolerant it becomes about watched or not.

You'll have to play with them to get what you want.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2020-01-10, 06:57)MacGyver Wrote:
(2020-01-02, 09:45)great_vc Wrote: Do you remember where that setting is ? i searched i bit but null

It seems to have been removed (or maybe it was never there) from the GUI, but you can set it in advancedsettings.xml in the userdata folder.
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent>
<ignoresecondsatstart>360</ignoresecondsatstart>
<ignorepercentatend>8</ignorepercentatend>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

As you can see it works off both time and percentage so the smaller the file the less tolerant it becomes about watched or not.

You'll have to play with them to get what you want. 
The playcountminimum does the trick, i made it to 82
thanks!
Hey MacGyver,

I'm not a coder or I would love to be able to contribute to what you're doing here. I do however, have an offer that may help with your project. PM me if you're interested or email me.
@Chromevulcan

Being a new member you don't have enough forum privileges to send or receive PM's.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-03-18, 06:37)Karellen Wrote: @Chromevulcan

Being a new member you don't have enough forum privileges to send or receive PM's.

Well, thanks for the info. How long until I can do so? I guess I'll just make the offer here...

Mac, I know having the source code is the best way to do it but if you had a piece of Kaleidescape equipment would you be able to pull the software off of it? I have a KPlayer 2500 with a bad power supply I could send you. When you open it up all you see is a large PCB (about the size of a standard motherboard), I'm assuming the program is on one of the IC chips.
(2020-03-19, 12:51)Chromevulcan Wrote:
(2020-03-18, 06:37)Karellen Wrote: @Chromevulcan

Well, thanks for the info. How long until I can do so? I guess I'll just make the offer here...

Mac, I know having the source code is the best way to do it but if you had a piece of Kaleidescape equipment would you be able to pull the software off of it? I have a KPlayer 2500 with a bad power supply I could send you. When you open it up all you see is a large PCB (about the size of a standard motherboard), I'm assuming the program is on one of the IC chips.    

Thanks for the offer but having the software isn't really necessary to emulate Kaleidescape (and even having a physical box doesn't mean you can even get at it, a packet captured update might even be easier to take apart), pretty much a video showing what every menu looks like would work. It really is just a matter of determination. 
Sadly I don't have a lot of that as of late.  But you can do it if you devote enough time to it. Just take the most basic of skin and just start tweaking it, after a while you'll understand what does what and then you can craft whatever you want. I'll always try to answer any questions I can to help.
Hi there. Is the metropolis skin still being updated? The latest update I van find is from one year ago version 350 beta 10 aka 3.4.30. I really love this skin and i still have the latest update running but I think some things are stopping with working.
I have the same question for quite some time, thank god for the .zip that still exists and ported in v18 but on the official store it is not there.
I don't know what happens, i have checked almost all skins and METROPOLIS is the one i'm using and NEVER changing. It has exactly what i want.

And that is the reason i'm on 18.3 still.
(2020-05-15, 15:44)great_vc Wrote: I have the same question for quite some time, thank god for the .zip that still exists and ported in v18 but on the official store it is not there.
I don't know what happens, i have checked almost all skins and METROPOLIS is the one i'm using and NEVER changing. It has exactly what i want.

And that is the reason i'm on 18.3 still.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)0